Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Meet n Greet (VIC - Sept 06)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  11:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Any1 in or around northern suburbs wanna meet up jus 2 get 2 no a few ppl and check out every1s cars. Would b good 2 get out on a saturday night or sumthin and kick back sumwhere. Nothin illegal if there enough replies for yes then we can all arrange a meetin place and all the other details

Sorry if its in tha wrong section but the cruise part dont get much attention

Cheers Matt

VN V6 S Pack

Edited by - mouce on 31 Oct 2006 1:16:46 PM
Report to Moderator

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  11:18:53 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Sounds like a nice idea, I take it that you're refering to the Northern suburbs of Melbourne?

The Watsonia station carpark is a nice large location, easy to get to (about 1km from the end of the ring-road, and about 5km from the Eastern Fwy). It's also got no houses really close by which means that there's a chance to show-off sound systems ;)

Just gotta work out the date, I'm flat out for ages, so I'll just have to wait and see what date you end up with.

A word of advice, no matter where you have the meet, inform the local cop shop. It shows that you're responsible, and that you're a lot less likely to cause any problems. They will normally do a bit of a drive-by, to stop to chat with people from the club, check out any cars that may be illegally modified and just make sure that no-one gets up to anything they shouldn't. The police like the 'warning' that a meet (no matter how big) is happening.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  11:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Yeh jus thought it could b sumthin 2 do on 1 of those borin saturday nights. Yeh in Melbourne ill wait and c how many ppl reply n when it sorta suits every1. We could prob go 4 a cruise aswell not plannin sumthin huge jus rock up sit round show off stereos ;) lol im in that comp 4 sure.

Would b a chance for anyway 2 clean up their cars and head down for a bit of fun. Yeh i was gonna notify coppers jus waitin 2 c where every1 is roughly cumn from and meet in tha middle but yeh watsonia sounds like tha best spot.

Should b pretty good also gives ppl a chance 2 sus out any problems they may b havin and so forth.

So cum on ppl post up if ya in and we go from there

Cheers Matt

VN V6 S Pack

matt
P Plater

cart052

95 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  4:07:22 PM  Show Profile Send matt a Private Message

i live in the eastern subs, but i would be more than happy to go for a drive to have a meet, just post the date, time and location on the site and i will be there fo shizzle!!!

Palmz17
P Plater

alien-skull

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  5:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Palmz17's MSN Messenger address Send Palmz17 a Private Message

i live in the eastern subs too. i've got nothing to show off, but im still up for it.

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  6:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Sweet well hopefully a few more wanna tag along then we set up sumthin. Prob b lookin at doin it in tha next 2-3 weeks on a saturday night.

Doesnt matter if ur car is standard ya might get sum ideas on what ya could do and it would also b good for any1 that havin any trouble wit their car.

We try get atleast 10 ppl along for it but dont matter if its less and who knows it might turn in2 a regular thing if all goes well :)

Chances r that we will go on mouce's suggestion bout watsonia carpark cause its easy 2 find and its sorta away from houses.

Post up when ur free on a saturday night and we pick tha best night where most ppl can turn up and tha weather will b at its best

VN V6 S Pack

pizzadude213
P Plater

simp048

58 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  8:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pizzadude213's Homepage  Click to see pizzadude213's MSN Messenger address Send pizzadude213 a Private Message

aww am i the only brisbane guy on this site lol well guys have fun laterz

go the vn beast!!!!!!!!!!!

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  8:52:34 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Nope, I think possumvp is from QLD, he might be down in Brissie. There's people spread all over the country with this forum, it's kinda handy.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  9:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

hey I think u may have started sumthing I'm from w.a theres no reason y people in all states cant arrange a meet this is sumthing we might haf 2 look i9nto cause I wouldnt mind knowing a couple of the w.a boys and girls so all from the west get on your keybaords and reply and like VNbandit has suggested in melbourne we can have a meet even if it's a few of us and just get 2gether! cheers !

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  11:04:35 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Hey trizo, might be worth starting a separate thread for the WA crowd, just to save things getting too confusing.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  11:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

well I thought it might b jumpin on the band wagon and besides I didnt think post were 4 any 1 crowd lol

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  11:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Im suprised it hasn't already been done. Lol well it should b good mayb we all have 2 meet up in like alice springs lol literally meet in tha middle.

Keep tha posts cumn fellas lets get this meet happenin i wanna do it soon cause after school hoilidays i got no more work so no more money :(

Keep tha good news cumn tha more tha merrier

VN V6 S Pack

chooba
P Plater

misc-smileyred

57 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  12:20:41 AM  Show Profile Send chooba a Private Message

SWEET!!! Ill be there. Just tell me when and where and me and a few mates might come down. Sounds like a mad idea.
hahaha...you got no money after the school holidays VN Bandit, i got no money now.
Itd be sweet coz all my mates have got VNs (but some got skylines n sh!t) and we all love new info.

A VN quote to Remember...
'THE MIGHTY SLEDGE HAMMER SOLVES ALL VN PROBLEMS'
Anything can fit if its mashed into place...

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  12:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

cool keep em cumn as soon as a few more give me tha yes then we'll talk dates and times jus make sure if ya bring friends they no that there aint 2 b any illegal **** ill have 2 let coppers no we gonna b there and we dont wanna give tha club a bad name. if we can keep it tame then there wont b any probs

VN V6 S Pack

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by trizo

well I thought it might b jumpin on the band wagon and besides I didnt think post were 4 any 1 crowd lol

The only reason I say that is because people might be confused about which cruise is which.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  9:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww mouce lmao 2 quote trizo I'm flattered lol nahh your right mate just havin a dig (real big smile) but alice spings crikey that's a long way but I'm keen!!!!

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  5:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

lol jus a few more and we'll get it happenin hopefully not 2 far down tha track.

VN V6 S Pack

chooba
P Plater

misc-smileyred

57 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  01:45:23 AM  Show Profile Send chooba a Private Message

ummmm, bout the coppas knowing, thats al cool wit me, but it think my rear end is illeagally low. Ya rekon itd be ok? I just don want them to start checking all these cars and get a canery and give the place a bad name.

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  6:46:50 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Nothing against you chooba, but if you're silly enough to be driving around with something that is illegal then you deserve to be busted for it. If I were rolling on bald tyres and got done for it, I couldn't really bitch about it, it'd be my fault. If you think that your car is illegally low, then go and measure it, if it's less than 100mm to the ground (from the lowest point of the car, which includes the exhaust and any body-kit that you've got on there), go and get it fixed.

By the letter of the law the car has to be on flat ground, in neutral (or park) with the engine off and with 5 adults in it. That said, if you are getting 'checked' by the cops normally it's on the side of the road with only you and/or your passenger in the car, I've never seen anyone get told they need to have a full car before it gets checked.

As for giving the club a bad name...being the first 'meet' as such it would be nice to have it all go smoothly with no illegal cars there, and no dumb-arse driving (ie, nothing anyone can get booked for).

Easy
P Plater

Batman2

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  7:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Easy's MSN Messenger address Send Easy a Private Message

I'm a possibility if it gets organised...live in north west melb so shouldnt be a problem

matt
P Plater

cart052

95 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  10:36:04 PM  Show Profile Send matt a Private Message

I say we just set a date a couple of weeks ahead and its up to people to keep it free and turn up, i nkow i would come and if we set a certain date im sure a few more people would.

Being a first time meet, u would expect it to be the smallest if we were to have more in the future.

heckmann
Starting in the driveway

simp046

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  8:30:13 PM  Show Profile Send heckmann a Private Message

ill be there mate, while im there theres gonna be some tyre frying action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  9:48:13 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Sorry heckman, you do stuff like that and I will PERSONALLY hand your rego details to the cops.

Being the first meet that the club will have, ANY illegal driving will be reported to the Police. We want to make a good name for the club, not give today-tonight a good excuse to do another 'hoon' story.

matt
P Plater

cart052

95 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  9:49:21 PM  Show Profile Send matt a Private Message

Should we say the 21st? post if not cause dont want to turn up and just stand there staring at my own car.

What time would suit? 8.30? Watsonia station car park sounds sweet.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  9:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

behave heckman u nutter (nutter's r fun hehehe)but this is suposed 2 b a 1rst not a burnout comp;P (sorry fella's I know I'm w.a but u never no the man the myth the drunk hehehe(the drunk thats me) might just turn up I'v done crazier things hehehehehehhhahahahhahahahhahahahehehehehehheheby hehehe

matt
P Plater

cart052

95 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  9:56:58 PM  Show Profile Send matt a Private Message

dare u 2!!

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  9:57:46 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I can't see a problem with the 21st. I'm going to have to wash my car though...that could take a while LOL, hasn't been done for a while.

And trizo, what do you mean you've done crazier stuff? You'd fly for almost five hours to stand around in the car-park of a northern suburbs train station?

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  10:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

nah u never know my car might actualy make it ;) but hey y the hell not b a road trip 2 remember!!lol
p.s mouce the northern suburbs pleezzz I'd fit straight in I live in the bronx in w.a lockridge!!!

chooba
P Plater

misc-smileyred

57 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  11:29:24 PM  Show Profile Send chooba a Private Message

HAHA!! Sweet as heckmann, ill be there bells on for a burnout session. Apart from the time with my mate wit the S15, ive done nothing and im ready to make some smoke and rubber fly!!! Madness!

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  11:03:04 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by mouce

Sorry heckman, you do stuff like that and I will PERSONALLY hand your rego details to the cops.

Being the first meet that the club will have, ANY illegal driving will be reported to the Police. We want to make a good name for the club, not give today-tonight a good excuse to do another 'hoon' story.

Ditto to you chooba. If you boys want to have an illegal burnout comp by all means have one, but go somewhere else first. The club doesn't need any bad publicity. And since the cops will be notified, I'm sure you don't need any fines, or to have your car confiscated (which they can do now).

The station car-park is considered public roads, as such all the normal road-laws apply. No burn-outs, no drifting, no skids...no unroadworthy cars.

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  11:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

As a message from me on the subject: This site does not condone or encourage illegal activities. Should you be done for such activities, then you only have one person to blame: "Yourself" Please do not get on here and complain about the fines that you may be served with should you be fined, as the post will be removed.

Any meeting that has been arranged is between the individuals and not www.vncommodore.com or its representatives.

You also should be made aware that all car sites are closely monitored by police and they will go to all meetings and have been known to go over cars with a "fine tooth comb" to make sure that the car is roadworthy. If you feel that your car may not pass such a roadworthy, then I would encourage you get your car to a roadworthy state.

I also agree with what Mouce said, and your car will be confiscated under the Hoon Laws in Victoria should you act like a hoon.

Cheers,

David
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.38 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 1380 user(s) online