Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 VN SV LE Information
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  12:24:17 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

What i am after is anyone that can give me any information on the VN SV LE's. I cannot seem to find a great deal at all. Please any information/pics would be excellent. Thanks

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  12:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

in w.T.f do u mean ur being very spec but how do u know wat u got is wat u say ???I may b being ignorant but hey thats me .. v8?? never ever heard of such a thing r badges 4 real??/ Sorry m8 not havin a go at ur car in anyway shape or form but it got me stumped???? would like 2 hear about this if any1 know pleazz help the man!!
:);)

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

aadamsvn19
P Plater

92 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  07:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see aadamsvn19's MSN Messenger address Send aadamsvn19 a Private Message

le = limited edition

they got the vp engine and elec rivision mirrors thats it nothing spesial

sv = sports version wich i dont think the sv came out in the limo version

do a search on a vp and bingo all the info u need

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  09:35:00 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I have heard of the LE before, but never the SV LE.

From memory the LE was pretty much the same spec level as a Berlina. Had some extra fancy stripes down the side, with a few extra badges. As well as the climate control and I think the seats from the Calais. I'm not sure about the instrument cluster though.

I have seen one regularly down around the Rosebud area in Melbourne, but that doesn't help you much. Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful on this one.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  3:44:27 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

What i know at the moment is that there were 110 made this one is number 69, all badges are authentic, it is a V8, it is a 91 model, only 20 made it out of the factory with a sunroof(this is one of those), It has velour door trims and the seats i am not sure what they are, they look alot like the SS Grp A's but they have SV stitched into them.What I have heard is they are a step below the VN SS Group A. I am looking at buying it at the moment and am just after a general price range.

Edited by - VNSVLE on 20 Oct 2006 3:48:20 PM

Easy
P Plater

Batman2

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  4:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Easy's MSN Messenger address Send Easy a Private Message

I've seen a SV commodore and it's the same with a LE commodore but I dont recall a SVLE before.

If my shocking memory serves me correctly I think the SV's were either red or green in color and called the SV91....limited edition VP from HSV I think....or maybe I'm way off the mark

The LE was like the Vacationer of the commodore range, color coded bumbers etc etc.

Redbook says SV91 $7,500 - $10,000 private sale while the LE comes in between $1300 and $3000 Both 91 models.

Still not sure about the SVLE tag though

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  3:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I've done a little bit of research into the LE for my website but was fairly unlucky when it came to actually finding anything.

From what I did find- there were 110 VN LEs offered as part of a Sydney Motor Show special deal in 1989. They were available optioned with either a V6 or a V8 and although I found no evidence, I'd imagine that it fits in somewhere between the Exec and Berlina- but don't take that as gospel as it is only a bit of a stab in the dark. I guess the main selling point at the time was the fact it was a limited run.

As far as the SV LE goes- thats a new one on me. Are you sure you are not confusing it was a HSV LS? They were offered in 1991 and sounds like the most likely candidate (but there were 300 of them... not 110).

Got pics?

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  4:53:16 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Crazy suggestion, but is it worth getting in touch with Holden and/or HSV.? Give them the VIN and engine numbers and find out a bit more about its history.

If it's a 'limited' run vehicle, they'll be able to tell you if it's a genuine or if it's just a mock-up.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  4:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Best suggestion here- and when you get a reply make sure you post it so that we are all that little bit wiser!

HDT definately keep records so I could only assume that HSV will be able to tell you what you've got.

Edited by - MILD50 on 21 Oct 2006 5:02:31 PM

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  7:38:26 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

If you get the right contact at Holden they can tell you where the VIN 'went' (I traced mine as an ex-demo one from pre-release). They can tell if it went to HDT/HSV/CSV...

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Going a bit OT now but did CSV have much to do with the VN? I thought they came into it a bit later down the track?

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  8:10:51 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

CSV did some work on the VN's I've seen more than one CSV VN around the place. The only way to know if the car is legit is to call around. If you're lucky you'll also find the complete history of the vehicle, from who first purchased it, to who it belongs to now.

Worth doing if you're serious about the vehicle and you think that it might be a 'unique' one.

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

I have recieved information from HSV about this model car. It is in PDF format so if anyone is interested on learning a little about the SV LE history feel free to ask and I can send it to you via email unless someone can tell me how to post this on the site.

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  8:50:45 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Here is a picture of a VN SV LE minus the original mags which are the same as the Walkinshaw mags except red(plus the one i am looking at is one of the factory 20 that came with a sunroof).

Edited by - VNSVLE on 29 Oct 2006 8:52:22 PM

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Normally I'm not a fan of spoilers, but that's kinda cute.

Not a huge fan of the rear bumper though, looks like the junk that's on a whole lotta little rice-burners now. The lights in the front bumper are nice too.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.27 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 2798 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services