Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Meet n Greet (VIC - Sept 06)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  4:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Well its been said by David and Mouce i definitely aint havin my car gone over and seen as i introduced the idea, i aint havin my name discredited for stupid behaviour. Ya wanna talk big and do it head out front of watsonia cop shop ill cheer 4 ya's from tha train station.

Yeh 21st sounds fine got nothin happenin lets jus hope weather ok. We jus meet there and if weather nice on tha night we could cruise down tha elwood beach carpark or sumthin. Anyway c how it goes

VN V6 S Pack
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  8:07:45 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Thanks for backing me up with that Dave. And don't worry Bandit, if anything stupid does happen, no one is going to hold you responsible. You suggested the get together, and you've made it clear that you do NOT intend for it to become a burn-out comp.

I still say that you should notify the Greensborough police station though, since they are the local ones. Get in touch with them, I'd suggest you do it before the end of next week. Also let them know that any reckless behaviour will be reported.

Now it's just fingers crossed for the fine weather ;)

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

No probs Mouce. It has always been the way I feel from the early days of the site (even before it was taken offline years ago).

VN_Bandit, you did state in your original post about the "Nothin illegal" was good. So you should not have to worry dude.. Still a good idea to get the police on your side by letting them know well in advance so they don't just turn up pushing their weight around.

As long as they all behave themselves, then there should not be an issue. I might even turn up (depends on the new job).

Cheers,

David

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  12:14:14 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Be nice to see the father of the site rock up. Finally get to meet the man behind the avatar. LOL.

What's the new job?

As for getting the cops on-side, that's a trick I have 'borrowed' from another (ex) club in Melbourne. They used to inform the police and they used to get along quite well...can't hurt. They also used to use the Watsonia Station carpark for meets, and yes, the police did come through and see how many people there were, and how people were behaving.

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  7:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Cool thanks guys i jus dont want 2 get there and get told 2 go home or worse cause ppl wanna stir tha pot. I will let them no bout it n hopefully everythin will go smooth.

If sum1 else could head down 2 greensborough police b4 then that would b good cause iv also started a new job. I start monday and its 6 days a week so it wont leave me much time 2 get over there.

Head down Dave should make 4 an interestin night weather pending. Jus have 2 make sure that we can use tha carpark that night.

May aswell set it in stone The date Saturday 21st October at Watsonia Station Carpark at around 8ish.

VN V6 S Pack

Edited by - VN_Bandit on 07 Oct 2006 7:31:32 PM

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Oct 2006 :  2:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

hehehe 5hr plane trip or 3 day drive????????? u never know !!lol @to the fellas involed and 2 mouce and dave it's good 2 c that there is still sum commensense out there!Any1 who abuses there car should b dealt with accordingly fines,confiscate car ect...Remember fella's there will b passers by and the like so keeping it safe is a must!!!!HOPE THIS BEING THE 1RST ...ALL GOES WELL WITCH I'M SURE IT WILL DRIVE SAFE FELLA'S AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!trizo;)

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

matt
P Plater

cart052

95 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Oct 2006 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send matt a Private Message

Also we might have to worry people that rack up because they see a group of cars gettin 2gether and think sweet car meet and wreak it for the rest.

So maybe explain to the cops that it is a meet for vn commodores and any hoons that arnt driving vns prob wont be affiliated with the meet.

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Oct 2006 :  10:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Yeh well we jus gotta make sure that we stand out from any1 else so that police no we r part of tha group. I dont think we would have 2 worry tho. If others turned up and wanna do stupid **** then we can jus call it in.

No point stressin tho coppers aint stupid they can tell who bein idiots and whos not based on ppls attitudes and appearance.

Anyway can every1 who more than likely cumn pls post up sayin so jus 2 get a rough count

Cheers Matt

VN V6 S Pack

lolo
Fully Licenced

simp098

503 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  8:04:17 PM  Show Profile Send lolo a Private Message

21st 8.30, watsonia station car park, havent been that side of town in ages, might rock up (though the VN looks abit shonky atm) how about a cruise down to lygon st for a pizza and getlati after... or sumthin like that.... and I dont exactly know if my car is legal but I'll rely on the goodwill of the cops, seeing as we will inform them and are not running from them rite...

Marcus Rogulic R.I.P (1980-2007)
"The Good Die Young"

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  8:48:05 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

No...we won't be running from cops LOL!

I'll be making the meet, but won't be cruising...I've got something early on Sunday Morning.

One thing to think about, if anyone has access to it, UHF radios for intercar comms on the cruise. As we all know, mobile phones are illegal (and expensive), but Two-way radios are LEGAL. During the meet I'll be running UHF ch 25 for anyone is interested. As I said, I won't be cruising, but for anyone who needs to reach me when they are within 2 or 3km of the Station...feel free.

Easy
P Plater

Batman2

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  5:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Easy's MSN Messenger address Send Easy a Private Message

Like mouce, I should be able to make it to the meet for a short time but wont be crusing....I'm too old to be crusing LOL

Mark me down as a yes for the meet.....no for any crusing

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  2:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

Cool well yeh tha cruise thing was jus an idea ill c how im feelin on tha night and how tha weather is. Good 2 c alot of interest in it tho.

I gotta spend sum serious hours cleanin up me car tho lol its a mess everthin jus covered in dust thanks 2 tha new job. By tha way can any1 get across 2 greenborough police 4 me i aint gonna have anytime 2 go cause im workin full time now would b appreciated.

Oh and bring digital cameras and what not so we can post a few pics up of tha meet and every1s cars.

VN V6 S Pack

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  3:04:20 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I will hopefully have my nice big camera there, so there will be some good quality shots taken of some good quality cars. It also serves as photographic proof to the police of any stupid behaviour (you have all been warned).

I can't make it down to the cop shop though, sorry, flat out until Saturday. Try and find a phone number for them, you should be able to.

lolo
Fully Licenced

simp098

503 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  10:18:37 PM  Show Profile Send lolo a Private Message

yeah guys, ill be at the meet for about an hour, I have a nineteenth to make an appearance at an i have to be at phillip island by 8 on sunday....im a pit official and im only doing it cos I get to have 30 mins of track time at the end of the day../.. i'll tell u how a vn handles australias fastest corner... and yes im gloating lol

"The Good Die Young"

Easy
P Plater

Batman2

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  09:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Easy's MSN Messenger address Send Easy a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by lolo

yeah guys, ill be at the meet for about an hour, I have a nineteenth to make an appearance at an i have to be at phillip island by 8 on sunday....im a pit official and im only doing it cos I get to have 30 mins of track time at the end of the day../.. i'll tell u how a vn handles australias fastest corner... and yes im gloating lol

Pretty sure the Caltex chase at Bathurst is Australia's fastest corner.....having said that I'm still very jealous of the fact your taking your VN around the island

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  10:23:38 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

When people arive at the Carpark, enter the carpark from the lights and turn left. Drive down the entire length of the carpark, we'll group the cars in the bottom corner closest to the main road.

It's well lit, but keep an eye out for people anyway...it IS a public area, and there is a chance that we will have people walking through.

Remember, for anyone that needs it, I'll be on UHF Ch 25, range of about 2-3km MAX.

Above all, keep it safe, keep it legal and most importantly keep it friendly. If the police do decide to come and check us out, we do NOT want any problems arising from the night. No fines, no demerit points...no cars confiscated. Let's make it fun.

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  8:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

Sorry guys, could not make it to the Meet n Greet. Worked all day and had things planned for me that I did not know where on (wife and kids).. Hope you all had a good time, and did not play up at all. I am sure that I will get the reports and the pics. (Mouce send me the pics and I will put them on the server for you).

Cheers,

David

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Oct 2006 :  10:20:48 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

No pics, sorry...but there were 5 cars there. Everyone behaved themselves, it was a good chance to swap stories, check out the sound systems and engine mods that people have done/plan to do.

It was a good night, despite being a tad cold, lots of space, so future events can be much much larger. Hope to see lots of people at the next one, when we plan it.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

glad it all went as planned good job fella's keep it up!;)

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

lolo
Fully Licenced

simp098

503 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  8:34:24 PM  Show Profile Send lolo a Private Message

yeah it all went well @mouce sorry for that small loss of traction, I swear it was unintentional... hopefully a better turnout next time... nice to see the faces behind the avatars

"The Good Die Young"

VN_Bandit
P Plater

armedforces-f16

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  10:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see VN_Bandit's MSN Messenger address Send VN_Bandit a Private Message

lol yeh i took off pretty quick but no spinnin of tha monster elastic bands. Yeh woulda been good 2 have a few more show up but it has 2 start sumwhere. We can plan tha next 1 pretty soon and try get a few more 2 show up.

Take it easy

VN V6 S Pack

Easy
P Plater

Batman2

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  10:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Easy's MSN Messenger address Send Easy a Private Message

Yep another meet with a few more cars would be good....as long as they aren't white VN's 4 of the 5 there were white

I had a camera in the glove box as well and forgot to take pics....oh well next time

DMC
Starting in the driveway

1 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  7:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit DMC's Homepage Send DMC a Private Message

how ya goin how many brisbane, goldcoast dudes on this forum

possumvp
P Plater

14 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  7:35:17 PM  Show Profile Send possumvp a Private Message

why is it that you always get one that wants to wreck it for everyone i envey you guys in vic qld is a long way from every one up here im 3hrs from brissie but a meet up here some where would be good injoy all your meets

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  1:17:39 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Topic locked - The meet has happened, it's time to start planning the next one, in a new thread.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.28 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 400 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services