Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 VN Temp Gauge Marks.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

CommaDora
P Plater

monsters-dragon_02

22 Posts

Female

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  12:37:07 PM  Show Profile Send CommaDora a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi Guys ,

My wagon has been going very well, but a friend is having problems with his VS...in the course of helping him , it got me to wondering about the Temp Gauge marks.....there are no numbers so i have no idea what the running Temp is on my car.

My car runs around the first mark most of the time , but i have no idea what it represents...is there a certain * degrees* that are assigned to each mark ? Id really like to know what each mark means...its a standard wagon ( executive) Can anyone help out ? Ive been told the VN Gauge reads colder than it is , wheras the VS reads hotter...my friends concern was his wagon was reading at around half around town ( mine was first mark) and about a quarter at speed ( mine again , first mark) At idle , his was getting up to three quarters easily , ( mine...half) yet with a tester , the temp on his was coming in at around 85 at idle in the backyard...he is going to test my temp at idle on Friday , so it will be interesting....maybe he is worrying for nothing !

Still, id love to know what the marks mean on my Gauge...so i can keep a better eye on it. I know the fan isnt suppossed to cut in until about 95..which seems a bit high to me.

What is a normal Temp range for a V6 VN ? Im used to seeing an old Chev V8 run between 70 and 80.....so i tend to worry about the VN...or does the fact that its a 6 mean its suppossed to run a bit hotter ?

Sorry for the dumb questions....but i have always been helped out here in the past , so i know you guys know your stuff !
Report to Moderator

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 May 2013 :  4:42:23 PM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm not sure of the scale marks but i was in a Taxi,many moons ago,that started boiling and the gauge was barely half way up so not sure what Holden was thinking when they calibrated it,sounds like a compromise of some sort.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

CommaDora
P Plater

monsters-dragon_02

22 Posts

Female

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  08:33:39 AM  Show Profile Send CommaDora a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thats not good ! Im getting my friend to put the Temp tester on mine today , so it might give me an idea. Was the Taxi a VN ?

Cartrite
P Plater

car-ferrari

73 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 May 2013 :  9:47:54 PM  Show Profile Send Cartrite a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yep,long time ago,1989 or 1990 model,Lebanese driver didn't know what was going on.

CommaDora
P Plater

monsters-dragon_02

22 Posts

Female

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile Send CommaDora a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Aha....anyways , got the Tester on in a few places...looks like the first nick is around the 85 degrees...guess thats OK , as thats what it runs at most of the time , only goes up in Summer with a lot of idling. Thats when the fan cuts in , so i guess it must mean around 95 then.

CommaDora
P Plater

monsters-dragon_02

22 Posts

Female

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  07:09:41 AM  Show Profile Send CommaDora a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well...unless a cheap bag can register my cars temperature , im not interested....ADMIN..i think you have a spammer on here !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.09 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 5390 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services