Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 VN Temp Gauge Marks.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CommaDora Posted - 14 May 2013 : 12:37:07 PM
Hi Guys ,

My wagon has been going very well, but a friend is having problems with his VS...in the course of helping him , it got me to wondering about the Temp Gauge marks.....there are no numbers so i have no idea what the running Temp is on my car.

My car runs around the first mark most of the time , but i have no idea what it represents...is there a certain * degrees* that are assigned to each mark ? Id really like to know what each mark means...its a standard wagon ( executive) Can anyone help out ? Ive been told the VN Gauge reads colder than it is , wheras the VS reads hotter...my friends concern was his wagon was reading at around half around town ( mine was first mark) and about a quarter at speed ( mine again , first mark) At idle , his was getting up to three quarters easily , ( mine...half) yet with a tester , the temp on his was coming in at around 85 at idle in the backyard...he is going to test my temp at idle on Friday , so it will be interesting....maybe he is worrying for nothing !

Still, id love to know what the marks mean on my Gauge...so i can keep a better eye on it. I know the fan isnt suppossed to cut in until about 95..which seems a bit high to me.

What is a normal Temp range for a V6 VN ? Im used to seeing an old Chev V8 run between 70 and 80.....so i tend to worry about the VN...or does the fact that its a 6 mean its suppossed to run a bit hotter ?

Sorry for the dumb questions....but i have always been helped out here in the past , so i know you guys know your stuff !
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CommaDora Posted - 01 Jun 2013 : 07:09:41 AM
Well...unless a cheap bag can register my cars temperature , im not interested....ADMIN..i think you have a spammer on here !
CommaDora Posted - 19 May 2013 : 2:17:05 PM
Aha....anyways , got the Tester on in a few places...looks like the first nick is around the 85 degrees...guess thats OK , as thats what it runs at most of the time , only goes up in Summer with a lot of idling. Thats when the fan cuts in , so i guess it must mean around 95 then.
Cartrite Posted - 18 May 2013 : 9:47:54 PM
Yep,long time ago,1989 or 1990 model,Lebanese driver didn't know what was going on.
CommaDora Posted - 17 May 2013 : 08:33:39 AM
Thats not good ! Im getting my friend to put the Temp tester on mine today , so it might give me an idea. Was the Taxi a VN ?
Cartrite Posted - 16 May 2013 : 4:42:23 PM
I'm not sure of the scale marks but i was in a Taxi,many moons ago,that started boiling and the gauge was barely half way up so not sure what Holden was thinking when they calibrated it,sounds like a compromise of some sort.

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.08 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 20390 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services