Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 toyota lexcen specs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  5:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

ok just as I said here are the toyota specs and if u compare the vn specs to the lexcev u will c quite a few differences!!

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=22374&Toyota

knock ya selves out ! che trizo

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  7:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

all i can see differant is that its claimed to have a v8(80litre) tank and a bumped up compresion ratio but not to sure if that would be right or not?

Cheers,
Nodg.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

can u read ??
the g/b is diff and so is the compresion ratio! Truth b told the way the lexcen is set up it sounds as if its better than the (vn holden ) bhp is diff as well ! do u want me to keep goin??? have another read bring the 2 pages up side by side! Please belive me I'm not tryin to say ya wrong just that the vn is set up a bit different to the lexcen!!

par10
P Plater

simp094

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  11:04:46 AM  Show Profile Send par10 a Private Message

I wouldn't trust the facts stated on that site too much. A lot of the cars i have looked at have many incorrect specifications, that is coming from a large variety of manufacturers listed...

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  2:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

this si getting know were I'll c if I can find some more !!!

any1 else??

par10
P Plater

simp094

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile Send par10 a Private Message

Trizo, i know that Lexcen's are quite different to Commodore's, i'm just saying that it is quite possible that some of the facts listed for the Lexcen are not correct. In saying that, i'm sure some (if not all) are correct. I would like to see another site with the specs on both, just to see if it is ALL correct. Hope this sort of makes sense...

yanna
P Plater

smurf03

43 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  5:16:44 PM  Show Profile Send yanna a Private Message

Hey are you sure those are the vn lexcen specs, they look like the vs lexcen specs, the enging power looks like that of the ecotec?

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

if you think about it, look in your commodore/lexcen service manual. and mine doesnt say anything about differant gearboxes or motors or differant procedures for doing things to them, im sticking with that they have differant badges and minor bodywork and slightly differant interior. i even did a search and someone claims that they have a 5 speed auto, i dont think it can be argued and id bet my car that they are the same.

Cheers,
Nodg.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

ok this is getting a bit outa hand I'm not sayin that the lexcen is not a vn!! I'm simply stating that the lexcen has a few differences mech wise .. I'm not talkin badges and trim,, I c ya point here but I have to get this across.. here is another link!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

http://www.carsplusplus.com/specs1988/toyota_lexcen.php

this seems a bit closer to the truth but realy I cant be bother arguing about this any more!! chek it out!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=8550&vf=1
im new to computers and the net so i dont know exactly where to look but above is a thread i found. it doesnt actually say that they are diff or not but the way they explain their review is that they are the same just diff badges.

Cheers,
Nodg.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

some web sites speak crap, that above thread. http://www.carsplusplus.com/specs1988/toyota_lexcen.php says that the lexcen was optioned with the t5 manual, must be a unicorn lexcen because ive never seen a manual or v8 lexcen.

Cheers,
Nodg.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  6:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

yeah I'v read that 1 .. the more I read there is more than meets the eye! thats a reveiw 4 ya!

redvn
P Plater

symbols-exclamation

27 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  11:05:21 PM  Show Profile Send redvn a Private Message

I would be very surprised if there was a difference between the "vn lexcen" and the vn commodore apart from minor cosmetics. After all why would holden give toyota a better car? It doesn't make any sense. However i do know for a fact that there never was a lexcen produced with a v8 or leather trim.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  12:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

lol I think we will just keep it the way it is , seems I have hit a nerve of every vn driver!!! At least now we have a topic that is getting a bit of debate!! Cool

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  07:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

then again toytoa was exchanging models to holden at a how-is basis, like the old nova's and appolo's. heard recently that toyota was giving holden the landcruiser to be sold as a holden, dont know if its true but you cant go wrong with a landcruiser.

Cheers,
Nodg.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

I relise holden did give toyota the go ahead to produce the lexcen it wasbecause the goverment put a limit on the number of cars holden could produce (hence)give toyota the same model because it was such a popular car bak then and holden couldnt produce any more under the stupid law that the goverment put in place .. and it was the same with other holden models ... So now its toyota's turn !!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  09:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_VN_Commodore

nothing to do with the specs but explains how toyota ended up with the holden models!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  11:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

come on the landcruiser jackaroo!!!!

Cheers,
Nodg.

baalamb20
Fully Licenced

smiley-biggrin

115 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  12:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see baalamb20's MSN Messenger address Send baalamb20 a Private Message

I wouldn't believe that article trizo, it also said sept 1989 was when the series II came out that's wrong for a start Holden told me November 90 and so have a few more articles.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  2:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

@baalamb give me a break !! lol is just a topic to get the members on here replying ..Its workin by the look ..... c'mon the lexcen! so basicaly the peeps of this site wont aknowlage the lexcen 4 what it realy is! How many more specs untill ya happy ?? Iknow its hard 2 beleive but hey ... Like I'v said I can keep bringen em up !!

baalamb20
Fully Licenced

smiley-biggrin

115 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  2:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see baalamb20's MSN Messenger address Send baalamb20 a Private Message

lol the only real way to find the specs of the VN and Lexcen is to ring Toyota and Holden and get them to send you the specs I rang holden to see what series engine i had and they are gonna send an info pack on my car how cool is that.
there are so many articles on the net its hard to see which one is true so go right to the source.

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

haha, true dat trizo.
All in all, whenever I see the lexcen i always try and smoke it :)
Don't like em, stealing our design.

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

elvisd77
P Plater

monsters-dragon_01

21 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  7:20:29 PM  Show Profile Send elvisd77 a Private Message

Guys its as simple as comparing the lexcen and commodore on www.redbook.com.au
btw exact same engine, just cosmetic changes ;)

Where theres vn..theres burn outs

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  7:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

elvisd77 let it die m8 lod topic!

crewzincool
P Plater

animal-penguin

19 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Jun 2007 :  2:20:07 PM  Show Profile Send crewzincool a Private Message

Well i have a lexcen august 90, series 1 motor..one thing i can tell you, it don't have a 80L tank..i really think mechanically they are the same. only the seat fabric is different, and a taco dash, and of course the obvious on the out side ...which i have replaced with holden stuff..
some pics..
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/919/img1607cj1.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8517/img1606ax4.jpg
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6242/img1608lo1.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8296/img1610xh3.jpg
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1781/img1611sx0.jpg

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Jun 2007 :  6:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

OLD TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  11:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Anyone got the Lexcen gregories?

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  11:09:46 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

No need to get frumpy triz . Mild the gregories my old boy has has got both lexcen and commodore.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  11:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

And does it list any mechanical differences between the two?

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  1:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

lexcen hand book???? when you get one its a commodore/lexcen book!

Cheers,
Nodg.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.3 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 2302 user(s) online