Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Ipod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  11:04:29 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

I have an Ipod which plays in my car by tuning it into the radio.
Lately no matter what channel I tune it to, theres an incredible amount of static.
Does anyone know why or how to fix it?

Its not my speakers or anything because cds and the radio sound fine.

Thanks in advance
Sheree xox
Report to Moderator

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  11:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Sounds like a weak signal. Check the sender on the Ipod maybe?

If the speakers and headunit are fine it has to be the signal. Is there anything else in your car that might cause interference? Handsfree kits or anything like that?
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  1:10:00 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

I had a big play with it today to see if I could fix it. In the end I gave up. I drove to the shops and shoved my ipod into my purse and NO STATIC!!!

Could the static be coming from the engine?

When I was playing the heater/ac aggravated the static and so did driving up too close to someone (like stopping at intersections)

I don't have a mobile or anything else.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  2:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

My first thought was that it wouldn't be coming from the engine because you don't get any static at any other time. Usually if you've got a hum in the system you can use a filter to block interference from the alternator etc.

Being a wireless sender though- maybe it is something like that. Depending on signal strength it could be susceptible to interference from the electrical signal. VNSVLE is probably the best person to ask. He's pretty clue-y with stuff like this.

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  7:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

This is just a thought. but do you always have your Ipod sitting in that exact spot. Im thinking electromagnetic radiation. Any car audio system installer will tell you whe you run your RCA leads from your head unit to your amp in the boot to run them down the opposite side of the car then what the power supply leads are ran down. to sart with I ran all my cables down one side resulting in the interferance from the power cables. I have no idea the strength of the radiation from the cigerette lighter socket is or how well sheilded the iPod is from that kind of thing. sorry this is all I have. From the world of technopobia iPods are beyond me

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  8:54:12 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

I usually have it just sat in that compartment thing.
I do have a proper stand for it but you need a cup holder and apparently they didn't have cups 20 years ago..lol

V8VNCalais
I don't exactly understand (at all...) what you are saying.
I don't have subs or an amp in my car.
There ARE cables running through but neither end is attached to anything.

I think I will give up on this..lol
I will solve all problems and stop being difficult and just Burn CDs...

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  10:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

Ok Sorry to confuse you. The amp and leads are purely for example purposes only, just to explain the principle of electromagnetic radiation interferance.
Electromagnetic Radiation is the result of a current (no matter how small) flowing through a cable or electrical components. (circitory(Spelling) if you have anything that receives or caries a signal close enough to the.....what ever it is that is producing the electromagnetic radiation (if the current is high enough)then the electromagnetic radiation will draw from the signal causeing the interfearance.
Once again I know nothing about iPods (the sensativaty of there receiving capabilities) nor do I have any idea how much electro magnetic radiation is being produced from the plug that is pluged into the cigerette lighter socket that the ipod appears to be sitting on top of. but If this isn't the usual place you keep the ipod then I have no idea.

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  11:28:48 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Would I be correct in saying your head unit is a DEH-P4800MP?? If so here is a little info that may help you out. If this is not your head unit let me know what it is and I will help you in any way I can. Enjoy

Attention current and future iPod owners: this deck can be your gateway to taking your iPod music collection on the road! The Pioneer iPod Adapter (CD-IB100II or CD-IB100) is now available to add to your Pioneer headunit. Once you connect this adapter, you can control your iPod through the headunit and even view album, artist, and other music info on its display. The Pioneer iPod adapter powers your iPod and even re-charges its internal battery. Just think: now you can play all of your iPod tunes via a powerful Pioneer mobile audio system!
(Note: the DEH-P4800MP controls the iPod Adapter as an Unexpected unit, with some limitations in display and operation. Consult the owner's manuals for more details.)

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.14 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 4117 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services