Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 how to make more room behind headunit?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  06:24:46 AM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

hey all

i have a jvc exad headunit with the lcd screen in it in my old car it fitted flushly but that car is now gone and i have just got a vn calais and when i was putting it in i cant get it all the way back because thier is not enough room for all the rca's i was just wondering wether thier is anything i can modify behind thier to make little more room so i can get it flush in thier any help would be greatly appreaciated
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  3:40:10 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

First of all Aaron welcome to the club. Now have you got straight RCA plugs or right angled one's?? If you have straight i would recommend getting right angled one's they will help you quite a bit. Other than that I am not sure what other alternatives you have. Has your car got climate control?? Maybe there is something extra that is incorporated into that that makes the hole smaller. Anyways that is about all the advise i can give you at this point.
Good luck and keep us posted.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

Edited by - trizo on 13 Aug 2007 7:53:27 PM
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  7:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

welcome to the site m8! try removing the cross rail that your deck mounts onto! @ vnsvle sorry about the edit!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  8:27:45 PM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

thanks for the advice ill try removing the cross section and see if i can make that little bit more room atm im using the rightangled rca's up the front but because thier 4 sets of them back thier plus the aireal and power wired its a bit tricky.
behind it all thiers a black plastic peice is that some of the heater or something?
currently on holiday but when i get home ill give it another go

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  8:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

keep us posted m8!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  12:18:23 PM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

i got it in.
but i ended up having to cut away a peice of metal so that thier was room for all the wires stil not back quite how i want it but its as good as i can get it!

let me know what you think

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  1:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

cool, but it took you a while!

Cheers,
Nodg.

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  9:39:38 PM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

yeah mate
because i was in england!
i had to wait till i got home
then find the time to do it

only took me an hour ish and some fun with the old anglegrinder
haha!

ive also built a new rear parcel shelf and am about to start on a boot layout not sure what i wanna do with it yet though!

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  9:45:42 PM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

and sadly that was as far back as i could get the unit!
i would love to get it back flush but the air vent pipes are their

owell

bevani
P Plater

smiley-blunder

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Nov 2007 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile Send bevani a Private Message

thats gotta suck. dont know if u have seen the recent pics of my install but ive mounted the stez in the lower section. had to do a bit of modding first but came up sweet as. and it has been mounted on an angle so it faces up toward u more.

sorry if the pic is a lil large..

AaronRidesBikes
Learner

sports-bmx-biker

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile Send AaronRidesBikes a Private Message

that looks really good mate.
what did you put in the top section?

dvd screen or somefin?

bevani
P Plater

smiley-blunder

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  9:11:55 PM  Show Profile Send bevani a Private Message

ya dvd screen. i got a pic of it on the site in the new members area

Removed as requested
Removed as requested

0 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  8:32:11 PM  Show Profile Send Removed as requested a Private Message

I had this prob when I was trying to put a sub in.
I pulled the seats out put all the cords under the carpet, practically pulled the rest of the interior out, then the head unit didn't fit, it stuck out heaps

I was so peed off.
I have the cords still in ready to be connected for the next owner..lol

I was even angrier coz my ex GAVE me the sub & amp for free

Next time I will be paying for someone else to do it!!!!!

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  8:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

I had a bit of trouble with my clarion head unit. partly my fault I taped up the extra wires of the loom. for neatness and avoid confussion later for other modifications. I actually had to install the head unit and then there are some holes in the plastic housing that I feed the RCA leads through and connected after was just no room to have the sockets and cables in behint the unit.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.26 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 20 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services