Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Defected
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

InSaNe_InK
Fully Licenced

smiley-evil

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  11:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see InSaNe_InK's MSN Messenger address Send InSaNe_InK a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hey all I got a minor defect for my car being to loud and I can't take the exhaust off to change it now I need to know home made ways to shut it up iv been told steel wool will work as a baffle any others? I want a temp fix to clear the defect :(
Report to Moderator

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  11:47:14 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

has you cat converter been bashed out ?
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

InSaNe_InK
Fully Licenced

smiley-evil

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  04:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see InSaNe_InK's MSN Messenger address Send InSaNe_InK a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Na I paid $1300 for a full new exhaust pacemaker extractors and y pipe high flow cat and red back exhaust with 1 muffler haha

Benche
Fully Licenced

simp019

240 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  09:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Benche's Homepage Send Benche a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i would just put an old system on it. and your cat might not pass EPA standards. good luck

VN V6 MANUAL - 14.1sec 1/4MILE, 150rwkw, 350nm

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

yer just change the cat with a stock one and you should be fine i had the same problem once they have looked at it and passed it go home and put your high flow one back on hahaha

InSaNe_InK
Fully Licenced

smiley-evil

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  4:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see InSaNe_InK's MSN Messenger address Send InSaNe_InK a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Iv Tryed to remove from cat back but it won't came off its hard to explain but I needa know what I can shove up there that I can get out after i get the defect off :(

InSaNe_InK
Fully Licenced

smiley-evil

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  4:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see InSaNe_InK's MSN Messenger address Send InSaNe_InK a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Also my cat is welded to the y pipe so I can't take it off or I would

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  5:34:37 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

o ok i see what your saying now the only thing i can think of would be to put a old resonator on the back then when its passed cut it off and weld the pipe back on, as there isn't anything you can put up the exhaust to make it quieter unless you get one of the exhaust silencers of ebay for about $20 but i dont know if they work

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2012 :  5:45:24 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

you might need to do something like this mate it will be a bit harder to do on a commodore exhaust unless you have a cannon on the back, but the vid might help you, you could prob do it to your cat as they are kind of the same shape how they have a lip ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S6l0TTZFy8&feature=related
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.12 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 2540 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services