Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 problem: fuel/electronic related
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 May 2011 :  9:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message  Reply with Quote

has any one heard of this?
I stopped into a petrol station. I attempt to leave, car starts runs for 2 seconds then cuts out.
-I cant hear external fuel pump start up.
-Internal and external fuel pump are in working order.
-external pump wont work in the car. Relay clicks over in accordence to ignition process. Fuses are intact. Any suggestions would be awesome im running out of ideas.
Report to Moderator

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 May 2011 :  10:10:26 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So everything is in working order but wont stay running , your cat isn't blocked is it ? i had a similar prob took the cat off and it started a ran fine put it back on and it would start but die in a few seconds,
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 May 2011 :  10:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message  Reply with Quote

........never thought to check the cat. My initial thought was the fuel pump. Which only works if i take it off the car. Im thinking something that turns the fuel pump on and off. My work mate suggested the immobliser acting up or this thing called a fuel pressure sensor module. <shrug>

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 May 2011 :  1:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message  Reply with Quote

just had the chance to play with the car. Pull things off pull dash out. Made a bit of a mess.......... Anyway I got it wrong i can hear the fuel pump i just flooded it trying to start it.

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 May 2011 :  6:40:27 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

haha o well lest now it wont coast to much to fix spark plugs are cheaper then a fuel pump

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  6:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message  Reply with Quote

upon more fiddling, testing for spark at coil and plugs. The bloody thing started...... Ran for about a minute and carked it.........
I checked the error codes and fond she was fine. Thing i noticed was the check engine light wont go out after the fuel pump cuts out.
I'm at the end of my knowlege with this one.

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

is the fuel pressure regulator working

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  7:03:02 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And you're absolutely sure there is NO crap in the fuel filter? When a car is run on empty, it collects the rust particles/shale/bacteria and whatever else is in the bottom of the tank. Enough of it can stop an engine. The fuel filter is the metal canister on the fuel line, roughly under where the rear seat is on the floorpan

thedunga
P Plater

character-helmet

90 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 May 2011 :  8:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit thedunga's Homepage Send thedunga a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i fixed a mates car that had a similar prob and some how the injectors were full of black crud, so i cut a plug off an old loom powered them up 1 at a time and blew the crap out with the compressor and wd40.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.12 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 1312 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services