Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Dashboard speakers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 4 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

outbush24
P Plater

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile Send outbush24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Has anyone ever replaced the 4 inch speakers in the dash before? I dont want to ruin my door trims putting speaker pods and drilling holes etc. So any ideas would be great.
Report to Moderator

vnv6exec-oon
Learner

car-fog

7 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile Send vnv6exec-oon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i did a while back with some 2 way pioneers, due to the sun exposure the covers where quite brittle. the sound quality of the speakers where quite disappointing, i suggest just getting some decent 6" in the back
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  11:01:40 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I have been looking into alot of car audio related info lately and from what I have found you are better off with a decent setup in the front rather than in the back. What I would suggest is if you do not want to cut into the door trims you have run down to the wreckers and see if you can match a set with yours and get a set of VR-VS speaker pods and fit to them. Then look around for a decent set of splits within your price range, put the mid range speaker in the door and put the tweeter into the original 4 inch speaker position.
What sort of setup are you wanting??
What sort of budget have you got??

Let us know what you decide and if you need a hand with anything dont be afraid to ask
Cheers
Wayne

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

outbush24
P Plater

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  11:16:40 PM  Show Profile Send outbush24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just installed a new kenwood cd player and put in a new set of fusion 6.5 inch 3 way's in the back, im looking to get a balenced sound front and rear. My berlina has all new interior, carpet, door trims, roof lining etc. I would rather just be able to slot in a new set of dash speakers, as i am not installing amp or sub to save down on weight i need to make the most of what i have. Budget is not a problem, i just want to finish off the stereo so i can concentrate on other aspects of the car. Cheers guys and girls for any help

outbush24
P Plater

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  9:45:04 PM  Show Profile Send outbush24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So any hints on how to get the dash speaker covers off?

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  11:16:54 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My understanding is that they're "clipped" in, in sort of the same way as the blanking plugs on the screws of a door trim. Because of the sun exposure, they are likely to be brittle. However I do know that the speakers beneath them are simple 2 way 20 watt thingies, that can be removed with an offset Philips screwdriver once the covers are off. Holden use a standard "square" template for these; once you match the connectors, nothing to fitting them

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jan 2010 :  10:46:50 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Speaker covers are not just clipped in. If you attempt to "pry" them out you will destroy them.
First thing you need to do is remove the vents. The cover on the end will be held on by 3 screws. 2 you can see from the end and one in behind which you will have to drop the cover under your steering wheel to get the drivers side one and I believe you may have to remove the glove box to get as the passenger side one.
Next you will need to remove the actual vent section. This is held on with 4 screws. 2 of them are not to bad to find and the other 2 are fairly well hidden. Do not force it!! It will pretty much fall out once you have removed the 4 screws.
Now once that is removed you should be able to see 1 screw that is holding the speaker cover on. Remove this screw and if you are gentle your speaker cover should come out in one piece.

Let me know if any of this does not make any sense and I will help you out in any way that I can.

Cheers

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

outbush24
P Plater

23 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Jan 2010 :  01:28:35 AM  Show Profile Send outbush24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ok excellent guys i will start on it tomorrow afternoon and see how i go!

dirk diggler
P Plater

armedforces-f16

32 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile Send dirk diggler a Private Message  Reply with Quote

i just replaced dashspeakers with a cheap set 130watt it is a bit taller than the stock plus the extra bit on top the cone and just fits under the plastic cover trim but with the love of god undo the three screws that is under the side cover trim next to the vent then u see 2 screws that r easy to get to third use finger or a small phillips not stubby phillips and locate the screw it is deep and u cant see it especially passenger side just be patiant

MrNutter
P Plater

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  7:59:55 PM  Show Profile Send MrNutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This thread is 18 months old Dirk. I've seen you've replied to a few very old threads recently. Bit bored are we mate?

VN Sedan Series I.
Stock aside from steering wheel, airhorn & stereo system but is exceptionally tidy.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.14 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 33 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services