Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Speaker
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

TOY A8J
Starting in the driveway

simp019

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  10:03:36 PM  Show Profile Send TOY A8J a Private Message

hey i have a holden vn le commo, and as i live in bendigo i carnt do anything to my engine ect, i already have a set of vr door pods, so what i am asking is what 6.5 comonet speaker would do the job and 6x9 speaker and would a amp be good or not?
would like some help as its my frist car and i am not the bright spark in the shed!
btw i have a alpine head unit
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  10:31:40 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Welcome to the club buddy!!
Do you have the actual speaker mount with the VR door pods?? If you do and are going to use them they are a 6 inch speaker and not a 6.5 inch.
What sort of budget do you have buddy?? This will help in determining what the best system for you would be.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  11:24:38 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

The other detail too, is that a stock VR door speaker is a round one, not oval like a 6x9

dryVN
Fully Licenced

food-burger

228 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  11:45:21 PM  Show Profile Send dryVN a Private Message

Welcome to the site Mate , The Easiest setup on a budget would be.
6 inch speakers 3 or 4 ways in the pods.
Then 6x9's in the parcel shelf but build them up with m.d.f. spacers , as i made the mistake on my last VN of cutting the metal there causing problems when i went to sell it.
The other option is to put 6 inch's in the shelf as well in the factory location. They will need to be cut out if not already done.
My preference has always been pioneer but most of the named stuff is good and as first system you wont need to spend heaps maybe $500 to $1000. An amp is always a good idea if you want decent sound quality.
Many options are there , and other members are into this area more and I'm sure will be better at pointing you in the right direction.

Edited by - dryVN on 13 Oct 2010 11:49:04 PM

voodoo92
Fully Licenced

music-guitar

150 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  3:54:24 PM  Show Profile Send voodoo92 a Private Message

ive got a little 2 chanel alpine amp powering my 12 or 15 inch sony xlpode sub in box with 4 6.5s. i was wanting to do the door pod idea but if they only fit 6s and not 6.5s i guess what i have will have to do for now. even if it is butt ugly with the spacers. doesnt suit at all.

Bassist by day, VN nut by night

TOY A8J
Starting in the driveway

simp019

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  9:06:16 PM  Show Profile Send TOY A8J a Private Message

yeah i jut was unshore as i think my mate put rockford forsgate power 6.5 in his vr and said it would fit :s but i dont mind if its 6 inch, and as for the 6x9 i was planning on putting them in them in the parsel shelf but i have a buget of around $1000 to $2000 i would like (alpine 4 inch colaix running of the head unit) (alpine 6/6.5 front component speakers and 6x9 coliax running of a amp) (2 x alpine 10 inch subwoofers and a amp)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.16 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 3706 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services