Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 Vista vs XP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  7:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

Poll Question:
Windows, MAC or linux? and tell us why

Results:
Vista   [16%] 3 votes
XP   [74%] 14 votes
2000   [0%] 0 votes
MAC OS   [5%] 1 votes
Linux   [5%] 1 votes
Other   [0%] 0 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 19 counted  »»   Last Vote: 14 Apr 2008 9:50:13 PM 

Cheers,
Nodg.
Report to Moderator

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  8:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

So many people bag vista for its blue screens and peformance lag. i think those people just have to set it up right and get a good graphics card.

'Windows Experience Index'
cpu-4.5
ram-4.5
graphics-5.9
gaming graphics-5.9
Hard drive 5.6

Dual core p4-ASUS P4S800mx 3.0 gig running at 3300mhz, 1 gig HP ram, radeon x1950pro, seagate 160gb hd

Cheers,
Nodg.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

jas89
Forum Moderator

car-wormseye

779 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  8:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jas89's MSN Messenger address Send jas89 a Private Message

xp all tha way (just personal perferance)

i am studdying computers and can tell u vista does have its problems, but its just like any other new windows realesed operateing system when there first released they have some teething problems

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  8:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

vista is a pig!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  10:59:11 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

I have had nothing to do with Vista as of yet but run XP pro and play with Linux

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  11:00:02 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

at the moment, XP.
Once they got problems ironed out (knowing microsoft, it will be when they release the next one) I would go vista.
Vista sure as hell looks nicer.

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Jun 2007 :  7:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

I have heard that you have to reregister vista every six months,, otherwise they shut it down on ya,, but how can they shut it down if u dont have a net connection at the time! Any1 else heard of this??

jas89
Forum Moderator

car-wormseye

779 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Jun 2007 :  8:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jas89's MSN Messenger address Send jas89 a Private Message

??????? cant say i have trizo........but then again i with vist who knows lol

with the shutting down after 6 months ect this is possible as u dont need a internet connection for them to shut u down(disableing program) its all registed in the computer and when its time is up it will disable the program so then u cant use it

if any of that makes sence to u

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Jun 2007 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

yep it makes perfect sense.. like I said I'm not 100% sure its just somthing I;v heard! ;)

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  05:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message

I use XP Pro at home and at work. Vista is so resource hungry it is not funny, you need to upgrade all your PC's which is not viable for a company to do.

When I was at the last work place, we had Microsoft come in to demo Vista and Office 2007. Vista would not recognise the projector we where using and required what I counted as 7 reboots before the Microsoft sales guy gave up, but XP worked first go with no reboot.

I also have 2 Mac's, a FreeBSD server, Windows 2003 server, 3 other XP Pro compters, Windows 98 SE computer and a Linux PC just at home (some what of a geek household).

Cheers,

David

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  08:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

thats why i upgraded my gpu to a radeon x1950pro and a gig of ram. a long as you have 3.0gig cpu, ig of ram and a fairly new 256 graphics card vista will run very smoothly and just as reliable as xp. i have to admit ive seen a blue screen or 2 since my install. but would never go back to xp after using vista for a few months

Cheers,
Nodg.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  6:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

still is alot of money 2 spend just to run a unreliable program!! Still in my own personal preferance win 98 is the most stable.. I use 98 and xp on my 2 comps and all in all 98 is the most stable.. But then again I like xp's set up.. so were do ya draw the line!!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  02:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

my pc blew up the other day because i overclocked it too much. just put together a new setup, core 2 duo 2.13 gig, 1 gig of ram and radeon 256mb graphics card. runs vista sweet as.

Cheers,
Nodg.

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  07:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

I'll be waiting until a couple of service packs are released to address the issues that are pretty well a given with any new OS.

Currently I'm running XP Pro.

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  11:53:41 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

/Agree with MILD50

I tried a trial version of vista just before it got released. Crashed during loading, still cant get the bastard out!

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

Benche
Fully Licenced

simp019

240 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  12:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Benche's Homepage Send Benche a Private Message

i thought this was a vn commodore forum ?

VN V6 MANUAL - 14.1sec 1/4MILE, 150rwkw, 350nm

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  12:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

its a poll bud!!
What do u run with benche??? xp or vista??? If ya wanna talk vn's go to the forum m8.... ;)

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

I had my first encounter with vista yesterday.........................................................................

enough said i think

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

all of my pc components are top end, owes me about 1000 dollars so it better run alright! faster than xp and slightly less relible, at the most i have to restart the machine but it only happens one a blue moon

Cheers,
Nodg.

elvisd77
P Plater

monsters-dragon_01

21 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  10:52:49 PM  Show Profile Send elvisd77 a Private Message

I like em both
Running vista on my lappy no problem, xp on all our desktops
but vista looks sexier :P

Where theres vn..theres burn outs

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  12:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

xp is just as good if you dont mind that old look. vista is like upgrading from 2000 to xp. many things may look the same on vista but its been rebuilt from the ground up.

Cheers,
Nodg.

elvisd77
P Plater

monsters-dragon_01

21 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile Send elvisd77 a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by nodg

xp is just as good if you dont mind that old look. vista is like upgrading from 2000 to xp. many things may look the same on vista but its been rebuilt from the ground up.

haha ur so rite about that, wen i get on my desktops, they look like **** hahahaha

Where theres vn..theres burn outs

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Jun 2007 :  05:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

overclocked my core2duo today im up to 2.4ghz ;) my windows experience has gone up a bit too,
Processer-5.1
ram-4.5
gaming graphics-5.9
graphics-5.9
hard drive-5.6

Cheers,
Nodg.

Edited by - nodg on 14 Jun 2007 05:17:59 AM

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  11:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Everythings top end for $1000? Sure you put in the right amount of zeros?

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  5:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

if i got ddr2 ram even only 1 gig, then it would be top end.

Cheers,
Nodg.

gottabeaholden
P Plater

simp046

38 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see gottabeaholden's MSN Messenger address Send gottabeaholden a Private Message

Well XP is compatible with all my hardware where as Vista has problems running the most basic hardware like my cable modem and webcam, I was so looking forward to the vista launch but have since returned to XP, but time will tell and Vista is sure to improve as time goes on, so i hope anyway.

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  2:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

Got bored with vista the other day and decided to format and install ubuntu 7.05. its uses less resorces than xp and is compatible and plug and play straight out of the box unlike earlier linux versions. highly reccomended but remember you cant use any windows applications. i think you can get emulators fro games but not too sure.

Cheers,
Nodg.

pinni74
Starting in the driveway

simp046

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  9:09:21 PM  Show Profile Send pinni74 a Private Message

I bought a Mac this year after years of PC use - Mac OS is easy and does what you want and doesn't go into a go slow mode - Vista is also on the mac and runs quite well but you need a lot of ram and a big beefy processor - i have a PC that runs XP/Vista and unless you have 2GB of ram it is worthless on Vista even with a pretty good graphics card - XP runs fine
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.42 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 28 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services