Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 fuel injectors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

madvncom
P Plater

war-nuke

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  11:37:47 PM  Show Profile Send madvncom a Private Message

don't mean to sound dumb but i am still learning but what are the fuel injectors for a series 2 vn com
Report to Moderator

Butcha
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Mar 2007 :  10:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Butcha's MSN Messenger address Send Butcha a Private Message

the fuel injectors on a series 2 vn commodore are the same for ANY Electronic Fuel Injection(EFI) car, they squirt portions of air and fuel mixture into the pistons, otherwise just google it :D

VN COMMODORES JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE BEST CARS EVER
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

madvncom
P Plater

war-nuke

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Mar 2007 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile Send madvncom a Private Message

nah dude i meant what specs are they i'm trying to find out which ones i need to buy to replace the ones in my vn sorry bout that.....

Butcha
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Mar 2007 :  10:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Butcha's MSN Messenger address Send Butcha a Private Message

haha no worries mate, they are pretty good injectors why do u need to replace them?

madvncom
P Plater

war-nuke

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  4:40:11 PM  Show Profile Send madvncom a Private Message

just thinkin it's them as the car's on lpg and is runing like absaloute **** thats all mate

Butcha
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  6:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Butcha's MSN Messenger address Send Butcha a Private Message

oh ok, dont mean to sound like another person givin you advice u already have but have u thought about runnin it on a full tank of fuel? or run it with the octane booster aswell?

madvncom
P Plater

war-nuke

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  10:21:14 PM  Show Profile Send madvncom a Private Message

ive only just finished cleaning the throttle body and iac valve so i am hoping that will fix prob but yeah if that don't work i'll give octane boost a go and see if that helps but thanx for the gr8 advice m8

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  9:18:18 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

A full tank of Premium Unleaded (without any Ethanol), half a litre of metho, and a double dose of injector cleaner. Run the car on that for a couple of days...

If that doesn't manage to get the old girl straightened out then take the injectors off and have them ultrasonically cleaned.

THEN if after all of that you still find it a bit rough, it's time to replace them.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

madvncom
P Plater

war-nuke

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  10:45:03 AM  Show Profile Send madvncom a Private Message

sweet thanx for all the advice and gr8 advise mouce will give that a go

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  12:15:57 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

Also, when your car is on LPG (mine is) It's always good to run it on a full tank of petrol every 4-5 gas refills...otherwise when you change it over it handles like **** and aint too good for the car...
But yes, Mouce's idea will clean it up, just member to fuel run it every while.

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  09:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Aussie- is this primarily to do with seal lubrication? I've heard that LPG can cause things to dry out and perish?

I don't run LPG- nor know much about it- so just curious to learn more ;)

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  1:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

yeah I have herd the same thing , not just that I have also herd many nightmare story's about vn's on gas!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  2:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

commodores arent fully compatible with gas, thats why falcons are used as taxis

Cheers,
Nodg.

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  2:50:43 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

Depends who you get it done with, if its done correctly gas works fine....also if you want to make ur car gas only, gotta change pistons and a load of other things. And Yeah seal lubrication is a factor in gas, but you only will really notice it after a long time....but its an easy thing to fix just by running 1 tank of petrol lol.

My car is fine on gas, I haven't had any problems at all with it. It was already converted when I got it however.

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.19 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 12888 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services