Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 turbo or charger
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  11:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

Poll Question:
ok I have been reading a bit and it sounds 2 me as if there are a few of us that would like or have done sum upgrading 2 our engines.Now just curious 2 see what the prefferance is for most people!! witch is the most perferred a super charged setup or a tubo setup?

Results:
super charged setup   [65%] 20 votes
turbo setup   [35%] 11 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 31 counted  »»   Last Vote: 01 Sep 2008 08:32:03 AM 

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

Edited by - trizo on 28 Dec 2006 11:54:06 PM
Report to Moderator

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  11:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

me my self would rather the supercharged setup y I'm not realy sure just seems 2 me that there is more that can go wrong with a turbo and more costly as well but that I'm not sure on either!!so 4 now it'll b 1 super charger please mister!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Dec 2006 :  10:06:58 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

Depends on how you drive. If you're the sort of person who never lets the revs drop below 3,000rpm then I'd recommend going for a turbo.

However since we all drive such big lazy motors here, a supercharger gives the best results.

That said, there's no reason you can't have both. If you've got unlimited amounts of money it's possible to set it up so that the supercharger runs from idle to about 3000rpm, then by that time the turbo will have spooled and can carry you through to redline.

It's been done before, but it's a real pain in the arse to setup from what I've heard.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

driveacarsideways
Fully Licenced

robot-pirate

105 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  2:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see driveacarsideways's MSN Messenger address Send driveacarsideways a Private Message

I prefer the supercharged only as its more consistent power. i've found that the turbos spool time can be frustrating if revs drop. s/chrger tends to be smoother. A well setup turbo seems to be more expensive and complicated.

don't rush me, I get paid by the hour

bam__bam
P Plater

cart052

27 Posts

Male

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bam__bam's MSN Messenger address Send bam__bam a Private Message

supercharger all the way. i owned a import cordia gsr turbo running 13psi it was mega quick but after driving a supercharged car running only 8 psi the difference is huge the turbo ofcourse had lag where the supercharger spat me sideways for 3 gears and tore the road in 4th (the car had 340 kw at the wheels) i think most chose turbo for the sexy b.o.v not knowing one can be fitted to a supercharger

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  7:10:47 PM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by mouce

Depends on how you drive. If you're the sort of person who never lets the revs drop below 3,000rpm then I'd recommend going for a turbo.

However since we all drive such big lazy motors here, a supercharger gives the best results.

That said, there's no reason you can't have both. If you've got unlimited amounts of money it's possible to set it up so that the supercharger runs from idle to about 3000rpm, then by that time the turbo will have spooled and can carry you through to redline.

It's been done before, but it's a real pain in the arse to setup from what I've heard.

ok how is it possible to have a supercharged turbo?? its one or the other. supercharger runs off a beltdriven pulley to force air into t/b, while a turbo uses a turbo manifold and turbo to force exhaust gases into t/b.

i could be wrong, but it sounds very unlikely

My V6 will beat your V8

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  7:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

you can quite easily have a supercharged, turbocharged donk

Cheers,
Nodg.

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  7:35:19 PM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

how??

My V6 will beat your V8

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  6:26:26 PM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

well, anyway since i havnt got a response from nodg on a supercharged turbo, ill give you my vote: supercharge if you want bolt-on hassle free boost power(cheaper option)
turbo if you want high boost, high cost, high maintenance and shi t always going wrong.

i got a lot of mates that have turbos ranging from vl's to old and new skylines to supras, theres alwys something thats not right, turbos= money pits

supercharge all the way

My V6 will beat your V8
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.26 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 30 user(s) online