Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VNCommodore.com Polls
 vn or vp
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Kempy
P Plater

smiley-punched

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  7:47:09 PM  Show Profile Send Kempy a Private Message

Poll Question:
what are the main differences in the two

Results:
vn   [89%] 72 votes
vp   [11%] 9 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 81 counted  »»   Last Vote: 01 Sep 2008 08:29:07 AM 

"my vn does beat most fords"
Report to Moderator

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  10:09:02 AM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

I'm treating this as a question of "which one do you own?"

As for the differences between the two, there's almost NO mechanical difference between the VNS2 and the VPS1. There is a slight change in the auto transmission (the manual stayed the same) and the VPS1 has a slightly (and I mean VERY slightly) different memcal in it.

Other than that the differences are entirely cosmetic. The VP has a slightly different front bumper on it (I think), and there's something a tad different about how the boot garnish is setup. Other than that...they are pretty similar.

Comparing the VNS1 to the VPS1 however, well...that's something a bit different all together. There's a few mechanical changes, a few cosmetic changes and again a different memcal tune.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

wannabe drifter
P Plater

smiley-aloof

33 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  11:48:59 PM  Show Profile Send wannabe drifter a Private Message

getting off the subject a bit, but i just want to ask, what is a memcal and what does it do?

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Dec 2006 :  1:54:29 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Just a few differences with the VN and VP. The VP has different front guards, where the indicators go is longer on the VP. Different idicators, bumpers(rear bumper has a square cutout for the exhaust on the VP, VN has rounded) and grill. Not sure of any other differences

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

mouce
National Driver

smiley-evil

1525 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 Dec 2006 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile Send mouce a Private Message

To answer the question: the memcal is the chip which is mounted inside the ecu which contains the engine maps, and all the fuel and spark tables to make the car run.

Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)

wannabe drifter
P Plater

smiley-aloof

33 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  2:38:40 PM  Show Profile Send wannabe drifter a Private Message

thanks mouce.

lolo
Fully Licenced

simp098

503 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  11:35:59 PM  Show Profile Send lolo a Private Message

VP's also have different grilles and lights... front and back

Marcus Rogulic R.I.P (1980-2007)
"The Good Die Young"

driveacarsideways
Fully Licenced

robot-pirate

105 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  2:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see driveacarsideways's MSN Messenger address Send driveacarsideways a Private Message

I like the grill on the VNS1. Its what i've got and i'm sticking to it.
Which do other people prefer? and are they interchangeable?

don't rush me, I get paid by the hour

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  4:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

this is a no brainer the vn rocks all the way the vp's and s2 motors went all girly!!!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

driveacarsideways
Fully Licenced

robot-pirate

105 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  8:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see driveacarsideways's MSN Messenger address Send driveacarsideways a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by trizo

this is a no brainer the vn rocks all the way the vp's and s2 motors went all girly!!!

lol...VN nice and tuff!

don't rush me, I get paid by the hour

aerored
Starting in the driveway

animal-bunny

3 Posts

Female

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  6:24:15 PM  Show Profile Send aerored a Private Message

I own a vn aero.

Butcha
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  10:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Butcha's MSN Messenger address Send Butcha a Private Message

vp's have a different coil pack which runs at 40000 volts as compared to the vn which runs at 70000 volts(thats probly why they blow so often), the radiators are different(one has a tap one doesnt), the bumpers, grills are different, gearbox has the slightest change in it, the gas things that lift the bonnet (vn's do not have them),side indicator lights(vn's do not have them), rear boot garnish, aluminium fuel rails(vns have black metal ones)....all in all pretty much the same just different coloured things

VN COMMODORES JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE BEST CARS EVER

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

@ butcher your point being???????? if you tryin to say vp's are better... lmao dont get me wrong there are bits u can use of the vp's wich do help ie: the coil pak ! but I realy cant c the vp's winning this 1 m8! ;)

Butcha
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

55 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Butcha's MSN Messenger address Send Butcha a Private Message

nah i was just stating the differences plus the rear quarter panel window

VN COMMODORES JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE BEST CARS EVER

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  11:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

lmfao ;P

thunderstruck
P Plater

16 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  10:42:17 PM  Show Profile Send thunderstruck a Private Message

other little differences between the two can be found in the interior
like the head rests the light switch and wiper switch blocks are different i know this is trivial stuff unless your trying to interchange them

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Jun 2007 :  2:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

sup thunder......welcome aboard.....another WAian to bolster our numbers......love ur torana......
but it has to be said, OLD THREAD!!
:)
Welcome mate

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Jun 2007 :  6:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

it is a poll aussie!!

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Jun 2007 :  9:20:52 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

hehe, i know, dw, I know him in rl, got him to join.
hes a champ, I just like stirring!

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  6:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

noticed !!! cool welcome thunder!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  8:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

we all know most of this but ill lay down the differances, coming from someone that has owned a vn s1 and s2, and the current vp, the vn s1 engine is differant from vn s2 onwardsa, differant cam specs, injecter railing is differant, coilpack, radiator overflow, thermostat housing placement, memcal tuning(was changed more often than you think), vp's have wider wheels standard and 15's, differant brand alternater, cas is programmed differant, differant designed headers, imobalizer on the vp standard, differant seats, dash button placement and colour, dash cluster theme, auto trans tuning,vn's have water based paint thats why they fade so much over newer models, etc just to name a few. vn's seem faster with the touchy accelerator but if you flatten both of them at the same time they will be equal. the vn's were built very badly but they started to get their act togethger with the vp.

Cheers,
Nodg.

formula
Fully Licenced

loon007

162 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  11:11:51 PM  Show Profile Send formula a Private Message

vn s1's all the way

broom

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  11:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

a few more, differant bellhousing bolt placement, differant flywheel, number plate light is positioned in the garnish on vp's, fairly sure rear speakers were standard on vp's as well, bellmouth behind the inlet manifold on pre-ecotecs, vp's have engine noise deandening material under the bonnet, differant relay system,vp's came with the smokey taillights, thats all i can think of right now but it gives you an idea of how much the vp was revised over the vn.

Cheers,
Nodg.

Swathe
P Plater

simp049

24 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Aug 2007 :  5:05:00 PM  Show Profile Send Swathe a Private Message

I have Vg with vp motor and gearbox :)

1990 VG ute

N4stypers0n
Starting in the driveway

food-toast

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  09:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see N4stypers0n's MSN Messenger address Send N4stypers0n a Private Message

I have a VNs1 there were alot of changes to the vp but i think Triz was right they went a bit girlie, also i', not sure when they introducesed irs to the vp but that is another change. It has the advantange over the VN in handling but losses power throught it and makes it slower over the same car with live diffs.
VN ALL THE WAY

Grandtheftholden
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

46 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  12:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Grandtheftholden's MSN Messenger address Send Grandtheftholden a Private Message

IRS was an option on the vp's... i think only available on Berlina, Calais and the Statesman variants... might have been standard on the statey!

By the way... hey guys and gals, im a newbie to this little gathering here, so just sayin hi!

YA MUMS YA DAD

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

irs was available as an option from executive upwards with the only model coming stock with irs is statesman/caprice.

Cheers,
Nodg.

Dano84
P Plater

car-burningrubber

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  10:23:00 PM  Show Profile Send Dano84 a Private Message

one thing u missed guys is, S1 moter is is not interchangeable from manual to auto, or visa-versa.
thats my 2c, but u pretty well covered everything else

My V6 will beat your V8

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Apr 2008 :  11:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Hmmm... guess I'll have to play devil's advocate.

The VP Calais International is probably the pick of all Holden (not HDT or HSV) VN to VPs. So thats one point for the humble VP.

Then what about one piece rear bumpers (some VN SIIs had em but meh), and the rear garnish and light design is nicer in my opinion. Then the calais had the spats aswell. Pretty sure they are quieter and a little more refined on the interior.

But, side repeaters are bad, the crazy longer nose on the front bumpers is poo and the grille looks crap.

1621adrian
Starting in the driveway

alien-skull

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  3:30:35 PM  Show Profile Send 1621adrian a Private Message

VN of cause!!

knightrook
P Plater

medieval-dark-knight

67 Posts

Male

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  10:00:41 PM  Show Profile Send knightrook a Private Message

haha, these polls go for freaking ages ey? VN all the way. thats a very biased vote however. its my first and only holden (so far) and it kicks arse =P

Theres a fine line between not knowing and not caring... i like to think i walk that line everyday of my life
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.3 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 686 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services