Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 Newbie with a v6 EH.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

jason88eh
P Plater

37 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  11:40:51 PM  Show Profile Send jason88eh a Private Message

Hey everyone, I'm Jason 23 from Mackay I'm a sparky. I golf, fish, drink, love cruising around. I don't own a VN, but I have a 1964 EH that's been converted with a Vn 3.8 v6, 4 speed auto with B&M shifter, diff, air cond and 4 wheel disc brakes. I signed onto this forum to get some advice on engine and running gear. In the future I plan to stroke and supercharge the engine, update the gearbox to later model 6 speed auto if possible or fit a manual, up grade the brakes and change diff gears for more punch. Here's a pic of the beast.
Report to Moderator

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  12:26:29 AM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message

thats a nice car mate any pics of the engine bay ,welcome Jason
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  10:06:03 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Very nice and welcome to the family buddy!!

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

There's a conversion that's getting around a bit now. Last time I saw anything like it, it was an Ecotec V6 in a Tiger Mica orange EH wagon.

Manual conversion isn't too hard. All you have to remember is that some of the earlier VN engines had different memcals in the engine computer between auto and manual.

I hear the diffs on the VY/Z one tonners vary very little from the Salisburys found in the HQ-WB Kingswoods. Having clambered under one for a closer look, I'm inclined to agree. Most of the changes are external, such as disc brakes, and different ratios. There is a difference of 60mm between the wheeltrack of a VB-VL Commodore (whose floorpan the VN uses anyway) and the HQ-WB wheeltrack. Have a look at the offset difference between a stock Kigswood, and a stock Commodore rim side by side, and you realise the wheeltrack reduction wasn't done by narrowing the diff housing, but changing the wheels fitted to it

jason88eh
P Plater

37 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  6:13:52 PM  Show Profile Send jason88eh a Private Message

few more pics

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  9:03:55 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message

very nice mate engine looks good in it, ive never seen an aircon unit were the power steering sits looks different just as a matter of interest why is it located there

jason88eh
P Plater

37 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile Send jason88eh a Private Message

I didn't do the conversion brought it as it sits. Could be a space issue but not sure, it is fairly tight in there.
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.16 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 31532 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services