Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 Sc14 on a V6
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jan 2011 :  7:06:32 PM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Sc14's on a v6 whats your opinions ?

Yay or Nay ?

Modifying a car is like a drug once you start you cannot stop.
Report to Moderator

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Jan 2011 :  10:30:40 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

If you mean supercharger, Holden did that with a factory option on the VS and VT. I don't know if Ecotec heads fit on a VN block, but it's possible to get a bolt on supercharger on them. They had 167kW stock. It was only a basic blower on them but I've driven a VS one new, and you can feel the engine "straining at the leash." I guess you'd have to mess with compression ratios and obviously memcal chips, but if you could source one of those and fiddle with the boost, it's less trouble than a turbo.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VN91SX
Fully Licenced

simp098

344 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jan 2011 :  11:31:51 AM  Show Profile Send VN91SX a Private Message

Less stressful on the drivetrain because the torque is a lot more progressive and linear than the sudden boost/torque affect that is achieved by a turbo.
Ecotec heads will heads will not mate with a VN block.

VN91SX
Fully Licenced

simp098

344 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Jan 2011 :  11:36:24 AM  Show Profile Send VN91SX a Private Message

Rather than a SC14, I would go a VS/VT supercharged L67. Better flowing heads and a motor that has actually been manufactured with forced induction in mind. I remember about 18 months ago you could pick up a crate supercharged V6 for $4500. Wreckers would be the way to go for you buddy.

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Jan 2011 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Yeah i was just thinking a sc14 to waste a few $$$ on but i heard that they cant handle much off a playing around due to heating issues and that they cant rev out past 3500 or 4000rpm. Did anyone else hear that or had past experience with them.

I am personally thinking about a 5 litre stroked to 355 but for the time being i just want a lil more power out off the v6 without breaking the budget to much since i am planing on a bent eight anyway.

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  05:08:41 AM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Ok i decided to give this thing a crack so what is your opinions. I am only chasing some 30% more power increase which this unit is said to offer.

Currently running mild heads,cam,otr cai,2 1/2 catback system,

I plan to also get a 2.5 highflow cat and extractors and a v8 throttle body and then after blower is put on a custom tuned memcal to suit.

Sc14 with a 10psi pulley and 2 inch or 2.5 inch intercooler and a small hidden black front mount. I am thinking off either Vlt injectors or Vs-vt supercharged v6 injectors.

Not sure however if vs-vt injectors will fit straight in. Also i heard that Au injectors fit and are nearly the same as vs supercharged v6 injectors does anyone know if this is true ?

With the fuel pump does anyone know if they can handle a sc14 on 10psi ? Would you need a rising rate fuel pressure reg or could you just use a Vs supercharged v6 one ?

OR

Sc14 with no intercooler on either 5-7psi with nothing touched in the fuel side off things.

I plan on running a boost gauge which i already have and a air/fuel gauge which i already have to monitor things.

Super low_91
P Plater

monsters-skull

49 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  2:35:32 PM  Show Profile Send Super low_91 a Private Message

i just brought one of these chargers for my vn, the guy i brought it from has changed the drive system to a direct drive instead of the on off type that they come with from factory, on his car he had it set to 20psi an it handled it fine no issues at all but was usually kept around the 15psi for daily use, it was consistent an made some nice power. I am yet fit the the charger to mine as i am waiting for my 2bar sensor an tune as my mate kept it because he decided to go turbo instead.

5 Speed Manual Conversion in Progress YAY :)

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  5:35:11 PM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Yeah im thinking no more then 10psi and at least 7psi just for kicks.

VNGRPA
Fully Licenced

monsters-skull

426 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  9:28:04 PM  Show Profile Send VNGRPA a Private Message

I have done this setup on my vn and its alot of fun but it did coast around $1300 i will put up a how to so that you know whats involved
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.17 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 5800 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services