Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 no crankshaft input signals -code 41 and 42
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

i digressed my engine for rego -pinkslip and now my car will not run or runs and stalls, no crankshaft input signals(engine will not start.or starts and stalls) crankshaft sensor is not working i have checked the wiring harness and all is good i have cleaned the crankshaft pulley blades and crankshaft sensor it had dirt and oil on it, i have cleaned the earth strap to engine but i have to put it back on and retest crankshaft sensor and wiring harness again tomorrow it is too dark now. code 42 i back-probed the control unit wiring connector terminal B5 with a digital voltmeter to earth and i get 0.08-VOLTS SHOULD BE LESS THAN 1-VOLTS OR 5-VOLTS in VN GREGORYS BOOK dos this mean my ignition control module is no-good ? DO I NEED A KNEW ingnition control module. i have tested crankshaft sensor and it is not working , i have to retest it with the clean earth strap on car to the engine tomorrow.

i am not a licenced mechanic but i do have years off experience fixing and restoring cars and doing them up ,i can even do-motors-up,panel betting,spray painting,electrical work. i know What i am doing when fixing my cars, i am not saying i know everything on how to fix cars but i can fix them with information and help off the internet and this site.vncommador.com

Edited by - andrewpapa on 17 Sep 2010 8:30:04 PM
Report to Moderator

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  8:29:32 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Do you have a "known good" crank angle sensor to compare it with? It's one of those things where you can only know for sure when you have another one to put on. Just like Sherlock Holmes using "deductive reasoning;" when you eliminate the improbable, then the untrue then only the truth remains.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  8:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

thank you mechkight ,no i do not have a spare crankshaft sensor - how much is it for a knew-one?,i have to try with the the clean earth strap on car to the engine tomorrow and retest it . i tested it with a light bulb and the crankshaft sensor did not light the bulb up so it means it it is not working

i am not a licenced mechanic but i do have years off experience fixing and restoring cars and doing them up ,i can even do-motors-up,panel betting,spray painting,electrical work. i know What i am doing when fixing my cars, i am not saying i know everything on how to fix cars but i can fix them with information and help off the internet and this site.vncommador.com

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  11:57:00 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

I have no idea how much a new sensor is, although it would seem that changing it, regardless of whether it solves the problem or not would seem like a good idea. Remember to compare prices with a Holden dealer, and all the various non dealer operations that would sell them, as I suspect prices will vary a bit.

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  12:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

yes it looks like i need a knew crank angle senor or a knew ignition control module , i just wont too check the wiring harness again before i go and wast my money , i have changed the ignition control module 4 times since i have owned my vn and thy are not made to last more than 1 or 2 years and then thy brack $180-$160 for a knew-one f**k me!!! and i have never changed a crank angle senor before and you need too re-adjustit i have never done this before and it looks like a hard job to do,i know you adjustit with a feeler gauge. the Gregory's book said to insert a 0.5mm feeler gauge between the outer face of the blade and the outer segment on the crankshaft sensor to adjustit but i am scared if i stiff it up so i would not like to take it off and then not be able to re-adjustit properly.

Edited by - andrewpapa on 18 Sep 2010 01:00:15 AM

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  04:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

the earth strap too the engine had oil and corrosion on it so i hope that it is this that is giving me the electrical trouble i hope it will start working i just have to test it now. i had a look on ebay and a knew crank angle senor is $60 +postage $20 ,a knew ignition control module $69 +postage $20 which is cheep but i will call spare-part shop for price too check

Edited by - andrewpapa on 18 Sep 2010 04:17:40 AM

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  03:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

i finally got my car going !!!!! f**ken electricals!!!! i checked Every in the engine bay , i had trouble where the relays are in the engine bay and the plagues under the relays had corrosion on them and water i cleaned all connection and tautened all the wires connections in the engine bay and now may car is running mad-good and i am so happy my car is back on the road !!!!!! i have a bad back i got injured at work heavy lifting at work so i have a bad back , neck , arms ,and my hands-(karpaltunnel syndrome) so i work on my car when i am feeling OK to do work on car , i fixed my car and it cost me $0.00c nothing but my time fixing it, i am so happy my car is working and i don't have to drive my dads sh*t car-front well drive 4 cyl 2.0cc auto sh*t!!!! i love my vn v6 5 speed with mods and lpg !!!!!!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.17 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 832 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services