Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 Hey guys I just bought my first car
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

my-VN-aint-dead-yet
P Plater

music-metalhead

20 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  11:08:55 AM  Show Profile Send my-VN-aint-dead-yet a Private Message

Hey guys i just bought my first car, it's an 89 VN calais and the previous owners did not take very good care of it. so i am going to fix it up and bring it back to its former glory. the engine stills runs pretty decent just needs and bit of a tune up and service, it just needs a bit of a facelift. i want to keep it pretty much original but maybe change it to a leather interior rather than keep the valour.

i stumbled across this website buy accident when i was looking for VN calais rims and thought that i would join figuring that i would learn alot about the VNs and how to work on them.

i dont know alot about cars, so theres no doubt that ill be on here asking alot of questions and any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
Andy
Report to Moderator

VN91SX
Fully Licenced

simp098

344 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  2:12:52 PM  Show Profile Send VN91SX a Private Message

This is the place to learn buddy. Enough combined knowledge on here to build a VN from scratch. Welcome to the site, and good luck with the car :)
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  3:53:13 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Welcome to the family and congratulations on your first car!!
Any questions dont be afraid to ask!!
Cheers
Wayne

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Sep 2010 :  5:07:13 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

There's all kinds of cheat notes to be had here. For example, if ever you see a Jaguar or BMW with rims you really like, any of them are a straight "bolt on" without having to change anything. Except maybe for tyre profile, the BMW X3 and X5 4WDs have huge wheels!

my-VN-aint-dead-yet
P Plater

music-metalhead

20 Posts

Male

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile Send my-VN-aint-dead-yet a Private Message

thanks guys i would appreciate all the help youse can give

sorry for the late reply i've been pretty busy with work lately

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  4:27:43 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

It's ok, people sometimes "go AWOL" here for a couple of months.

con7502003
Starting in the driveway

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  08:24:30 AM  Show Profile Send con7502003 a Private Message

welcome gotta love vns thay are so good to work on

south coast raceway 8.8

InSaNe_InK
Fully Licenced

smiley-evil

125 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  12:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see InSaNe_InK's MSN Messenger address Send InSaNe_InK a Private Message

i go awol alot but come back when i can lol

Jacko
Starting in the driveway

1 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  7:36:07 PM  Show Profile Send Jacko a Private Message

Hey, My name is jack, and ive just become the proud owner of a VN Wagon factory Manual V6. thought i might just ad on to this post, cos im also having some less than satisfactoy VN performance. im not to worried tho, just keen to get her serviced, ive got a feeling that the Thottle Body is dirty and fuel filter is yuk. will tune her this long weekend once i get her back from the shop for a replacment handbrake kit... i wasnt game to give that a shot just yet... rather let the boys at the shop deal with fiddly interior/centre console stuff. so yeah hi! ill get some pics up soon, but im keen to get a body kit, respray and a maybe a tachomteer?

Jacko
VN EXEC WAGON factory-manual

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  10:54:01 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

If you want a factory tacho, it's a relatively simple one to fit. The sockets at the back of the instrument cluster hook into plugs bolted to a frame behind the dash.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.22 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 17 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services