Posted - 22 Apr 2009 : 1:26:07 PM
SV - T30
30 Built Last one manufactured June 1990
Very limited edition version based on the SV89 for the top 30 dealers although there were significant differences. Trim was upgraded to full grey leather instead of the combination Mulberry leather and velour of the SV89, the Sansui premium system gained a CD player and a glass Britax sunroof was fitted. This model was the only VN based model fitted with a sunroof as standard equipment and was the first to feature a CD player as standard.
Each of the 30 came in alpine white and were individually numbered with the dealers name engreaved on a plaque mounted on the tail panel and badge on the dash crash pad. The build number for each car matched the position of each Top 30 dealer in the previous years sales performance.
The SV - T30 model left the holden plant based on the SS whereas the SV89 arrived at the HSV workshops as a Berlina. This accounts for the wraparound SS rear bootlid spoiler on the SV - T30 instead of the smaller lip type on the SV89 and the addition of large section colour keyed side protection strips.
Whereas the SV89 was devoid of side strips and stripes, the SV - T30 had twin mulberry coloured pinstripes through the bumpers and below the protection strips. The sanitary all White SV89 treatment of drip moulds and mirrors was changed for the SV - T30 which had standard SS black mouldings and mirrors. It should be noted that apart from the 8 Plus Melbourne show special, an SS was not available in white until November 1990.
Further changes over the SV89 included a rear window mounted factory stop light and the later star pattern HSV family wheel introduced on the LE wagon which was similar to the SV5000 wheel but an inch narrower. The SV - T30 also had later cold air intake.
Mechanical and Chassis Features
Engine changes over standard VN V8 include :
- Big bore free flow dual exhaust system including additional intermediate muffler on the drivers side and fabricated heat shielding
- Relocated fuel filter and revised fuel pipes to accomodate dual exhaust
- High flow air cleaner
- Cold air intake
- Re-calibrated engine managment system
- Knock sensor
- Large capacity 85 litre fuel tank and stone shield
- Twin gas bonnet struts
Transmission and Suspension changes include :
- Automatic transmission modified to match new engine characteristics and higher shift points
- Overdrive 4th engagement raised to 80 km/h
- Modified FE2 suspension including different front springs, revised geometry including increased castor, more compliant front strut mounts, gas dampers and larger front anti-roll bar
- Special SV panhard rod to clear dual exhaust
- Limited slip differential
- HSV alloy wheels
- Pirelli P700-z tyres
Specific Identification Points
As for VN SS plus
- Alpine white exterior and SV body editions
- Body colour single slot grille as for SV3800
- Full wraparound rounded body colour integrated front air dam and bumper replaces seperate SS items
- Front air dam has centre intake matching grille width flanked by smaller brake intakes, lower lip becomes swage line which extends up front wheel arch as for SV89
- Wide section body colour protection strips with SS stripes and decals deleted
- Sill mounted body colour side skirts flare downwards at front and rear wheel arches as for SV3800
- Extended body colour rear bumper/lower air dam with three horizontal slots as for SV89
- Rear air dam lower lip becomes swage line which extends up rear wheel arch to match side skirts and front air dam
- Moulded cut out in passengers side rear air dam lower lip for twin exhaust exit
- Body colour panel between tail lights
- All holden and SS decals and badges deleted
- HSV badge centre bonnet above grille
- Twin mulberry pinstripe below protection strips with SV - T30 badges on trailing edges of rear doors, stripes extended across bumpers
- Gold plaque set in upper drivers side of tail panel with individual dealer's name and build number
- Five spoke pentagonal star pattern alloy wheels in silver with exposed wheel nuts and HSV centre badges
As for VN SS plus
- Premium Sansui AM stereo/FM radio/cassette/CD with 4 speakers and graphic equiliser
- Black momo leather covered three spoke steering wheel with embossed centre SV insignia
- Grey leather sports seats with red piping outlining lateral stitching
- Solid head restraints front and rear
- leather door trim sections
- Electric windows
- Electric adjustable mirrors
- Central locking
- Cruise control
- Leather rear seat trim
- Calais headlining, sunvisors and front assist grip
- Electric glass sunroof
- SV car phone
- Wheel locking nuts
What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator