Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Tweeters
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  7:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

Are tweeters better mounted at the front of the car or the rear
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  9:41:40 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Front of the car facing towards you. Tweeters are a very directional speaker. Up around the dash somewhere pointed at you they will sound the best.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  11:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

tweeters are desighned to hit evry little bit of info that a sound wave puts out except the extreme low decibals and heavy base ( truth be told it does take it into account for the fact when it procceses a sound wave it does with caution or it will pop under pressure..there for it will relay the message to the big brother SUB WOOFER! So.. its always in best interest with tweeters to have them at the optimum spot for ears to hear them! lol just above the door pillar seems to be a popular spot for tweeties to b placed ! mind you I have herd some bomb car systems and it seems to work the treat!I seen them in the roof lining and you wouldnt know they were ther, the imagination can work wonders with speaker ... hell I know a fella (no names mentiond) who has speakers running on the outside of his beast, damn it can even play the mr wippy tune but realy quick!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

Edited by - trizo on 30 Jul 2008 11:27:20 PM

V8VNCalais
Fully Licenced

symbols-anarchy

238 Posts

Male

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  11:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see V8VNCalais's MSN Messenger address Send V8VNCalais a Private Message

Thats given me even more to think about now. I was simply just going to mount them on the dash and be done with it..... but considering Im going to customise my parcal shelf I might havea rethinkand do something even better looking. cheers

HOT38R
P Plater

monsters-skull

71 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile Send HOT38R a Private Message

I have very expensive eclipse 6 and half inch components int eh front of my VN, they say that the tweater should be within like a foot and a half of the driver but in a VN that is stupid.
Where the standard speakers sit in the dash i cut holes out of the guaze and mounted the tweaters in there as my 6x9's are splits in the rear aswell its sounds amazing, gets every frequency note
i also made it look nicer by buying some nice black fabric from spotlight and covering the rest of the speaker guaze with it,
tweaters are desgined to be at ear level some people even mount them on the comlumn but this makes them to close and can be very annoying.

HOT38R
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.2 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 2348 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services