Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Mate, you really need to update this website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

wheresyavn
Starting in the driveway

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Nov 2013 :  9:25:50 PM  Show Profile Send wheresyavn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I love the fact that there's a website like this about VN's. Props to the bloke who has put it together. However, you need to be told something.

This site has the potential to be much more, but its poverty appearance is holding it back. Seriously, i cringe every time i come on this site.

A different more modern forum skin would allow you to keep people on the site for longer, get more posts and more traffic.

Every now and then i pop into this forum, but find myself leaving as it has the same feel as a vn with 350,000km on the clock, with a silly spoiler and a wood grain steering wheel - kinda makes me go aarrgghh

sorry if i sound insulting, but please do it for your own sake and your readers, you'll be glad you did

cheers and goodluck
Report to Moderator

David
The Guru

simp053

334 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  07:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You have your opinion and that is fine even with your insult. I do not get paid for it, and provide it as a free service for my users. If I had time to update it by now, don't you think I may of by now! I have more important stuff to deal with like my fathers death in February with the legal stuff (which I am still going through) and mother in-laws death in August and what the wife is going through rather than people like you.

Thanks for your opinion, but I had already thought about changing the skin, but life likes to throw a curve ball every now and that takes a bit more priority than an update to a free site, so deal with the VN with 350,000Kms on the clock until I get time to send it to the body shop.

Cheers,

David
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

wheresyavn
Starting in the driveway

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 09 Nov 2013 :  7:06:37 PM  Show Profile Send wheresyavn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

ok sorry if i sounded like a dick, and i'm not saying to put "people like me" ahead of serious things in life. I'm sorry to hear about that stuff.

What I was actually thinking of is people like you. You're a website owner, obviously it's about something you love and you'd like to see it be the best it can be, with the time that you're willing/able to give it. I obviously had no idea about your situation, which makes me regret creating this thread.

I guess i was just coming from the point of view that if you went to the effort of making this site then you must also care about traffic and viewers. I have a website too, and recently it was criticized by someone quite comprehensively. My reaction was similar to yours, but eventually i chilled out and ended up making the changes to the site that were suggested to me, now i'm glad i did.

I guess I projected my thoughts onto you and your site, as I was under the impression that changing forum skins is quite simple, and there are many nice clean designs around.

Anyway, sorry if i was a dik, this site is a good resource

Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.11 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 8474 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services