Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 Windscreen Wipers not working
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Mark
Starting in the driveway

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message

Hi Guys and Gals, I have a problem with my wipers, pretty much they just stopped working, have checked and re newed fuse, replaced wiper switch but before i replace the wiper motor itself I wondered if there is any other thing i should check first??? any tip or trick would be much appreciated.

Cheers Mark
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  5:24:30 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Does it sound like the motor is trying to work when the wipers are on??
If you have a multimeter check that you have voltage at the motor when you have the wiper on.

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  5:30:18 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

There is only one other part I know of that might be to blame, and that's the switch itself. Not common, but like any switch, it can break down too. To get to the back of it, there are four screws on the dash fascia surround; one each under the left and right switch clusters, and two forward of the instrument clusters (above the glass) Each switch cluster is held in place by a single nut. Unplug, undo, and it will come out easily.

Before you do any of that, carefully undo your wiper arms, and undo all the small metal clips on the plastic panel between the firewall and the windscree. This will give you access to the wiper motor. Cycling through low and high speed, use a test light to check for current. If it registers as good on all settings, then yes, replace the wiper motor. If you get nothing out of it, check the earth. If you still get nothing, then replace the switch. They can be found cheaply at most wrecking yards

Mark
Starting in the driveway

2 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Oct 2010 :  11:36:18 PM  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message

thanks VNSVLE and Mechknight73, that turned out to be very helpfull indeed and may have saved me a buttload of work as it turned out to be the motor itself after all so thanks again,
Cheers Mark.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Oct 2010 :  7:05:35 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Remember to grease the wiper linkages, just to eliminate that one from future trouble
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.16 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 1927 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services