Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Pranks
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  7:30:10 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Anyone done any funny but harmless practical jokes with someone's car? I'm a retired car detailer, so I used to have to work with used car salesmen, which at times is like dealing with 17 year old kids full of bravado and testosterone. They tend to look down their noses at detailers, because they think they're smarter than everyone else. My favourite trick was to clean their drive car, wind up the windows, and just before turning off the ignition, cranking the volume to VERY LOUD! I only attack when provoked, and have had more than my fair share of provocation.

Another one happened to my father. This was a cruel prank, but not destructive. He had some deceptively crafty pranksters as friends. When he got married, his car at the time was a Valiant AP5. Standard equipment was a set of chrome hubcaps. They put a penny under each hubcap, and it took him a while before he figured out what they'd done!

Another one was a pizza boy I used to know. Didn't do this personally, but the story was funny. He's a bit dim, so a sitting duck. They jacked up his late 70s Honda Civic, and put it on blocks, the wheels 10mm from the ground. He got to 4th gear before he realised he wasn't going anywhere.
Report to Moderator

Tonto
P Plater

sports-fishing

67 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  9:09:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tonto a Private Message

Cable/zip tie on the tail shaft...
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  10:38:50 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

That's even crueller than what they did to my dad. Tis one only works on carburettor engines, as it's too hard to do without damaging an EFI intake; brake fluid has no real effect on engine combustion, other than to spit a whole lot of white smoke out the exhaust. Anyone who's ignorant of cars will freak out when they see it.

rome_rod
Learner

smiley-punched

7 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 Dec 2010 :  9:34:04 PM  Show Profile Send rome_rod a Private Message

bt1aero
P Plater

car-burningrubber

48 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile Send bt1aero a Private Message

Had my car covered in plastic rap and a hole lot of sticky tap. 45 mins later got into my car lol

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  11:19:38 AM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

That's a good one! at least it wasn't a destructive prank.

I remember reading the story in the mid-90s of a bloke whom had just bought a new 5-Series BMW. Drives away from the dealer, 10 minuted down the road it stops as if someone had cut power to the ignition coil. He sits for 10 minutes and drives back to the dealer. "I don't care, just fix it." He grumbles.
They change the ECM- $2500, but no difference.
They change the engine bay wiring harness, $1000 but again no difference.
They change the entire fuel injection system, anout $10,000 but again no difference.

The mystery is solved by a 1st year apprentice. He's working on something unrelated when he sees a fuse under the dash, away from anything else. He opens the fuse case and looks at it, not having seen one before. He notices it's corroded, and puts in a replacement. "Where does that fuse line lead to?" he wonders, and traces the line to find that it is meant to protect the engine computer. Because of the corrosion, it was creating enough resistance to shut down the engine computer. $20,000 worth of warranty work done because of a $2 fuse. A person with a truly sadistic sense of humour could remove that fuse and watch the mayhem unfold. Only something to be done to your worst enemy

On a VN, that fuse is easy to find, and if you were planning on keeping your pride and joy offline for a while, it would make a great immobiliser.

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  11:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

a couple of my m8s used to have the same colour vn (white) they looked Identical, anyways my buddie used to live with my other m8 and one morning he had his m8s vn moved around the corner swapped the plates and went to worrk with a big smile on his face ,,it wasnt until my m8 rang him at work to ask him if he can pick hiom up as his keys werent workin so he smashed a quater window to get in lol, relised that the iggnition was nt workin either ,,, with this convo my m8's face dropped as he relised that it backfired, he had to fess up to wich my other cracked up knowing it wasnt his car that had to have a window replaced!!! long story short becareful who u prank!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  3:51:48 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

I heard one where it could be called an "accidental" prank; two yellow '77 Toyota Coronas. With these cars, after the keys and locks wear a bit, any Toyota key from the same model will start it. One of my mum's friends goes to the local country hall, to drop off some food for a fundraiser. As whe puts it out on the tables, she realises she's left some behind. She goes out, gets in her car and drives home. When she gets back, people are saying one of the old ducks got her car stolen. She suddenly realises she took the wrong car home!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.17 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 2527 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services