Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 battery warning light
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

pcrabbit
Starting in the driveway

animal-rabbit

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  11:11:50 PM  Show Profile Send pcrabbit a Private Message

hi i've just bought my first vn a 1988 manual wagon, i was originally gonna pull the box out and convert my vs to a manual and scap the rest untill i took it for a descent drive, fell in love with it didn't i haha. anyway the battery warning light won't go out, i've checked the brushes in the alternater and the fuses, all seem ok any ideas or help would be appreciated cheers
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  12:40:38 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Might be a busted voltage reg. What voltage is it charging at??

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  6:41:39 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

You should get a voltage reading if you put the multimeter on the eye terminal that bolts onto the back of the alternator. If it's reading less than 12 volts, it's your culprit. Also, check the connectors to the alternator; make sure there's no damage/breaks in the wires

pcrabbit
Starting in the driveway

animal-rabbit

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  9:20:01 PM  Show Profile Send pcrabbit a Private Message

thanks for the tips. i've had to take the vn to a mates place and store it untill i sell the vs, for some reason the land lords not to happy about the 4 cars i;ve got in the front yard, anyway i'm not real good with electrics so when i get it back i'll take it to an auto electrician and get him to check out the regulator, i'll let you know how i go cheers

trizo
Forum Moderator

desert-sheriffstar

3091 Posts

Male

Posted - 29 Aug 2010 :  10:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit trizo's Homepage  Click to see trizo's MSN Messenger address Send trizo a Private Message

m8 it will only be a couple of things as mentioned,, as for checking the alt put the earth(black) on a metal part of the car and the power(red) on the back of the alt (under the little dust cap) set multimeter to volts and u will get your reading! From past experience if the battery aint going flat it is usualy a dodgey clamp on either the earth or power on the batt!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead

pcrabbit
Starting in the driveway

animal-rabbit

3 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Jan 2011 :  6:45:54 PM  Show Profile Send pcrabbit a Private Message

ok i finally got the vn back and took it to an auto elect, after much stuffing around we found out the brown fuseable wire coming off the positive battery terminal had melted, a quick and easy fix thanks for all your input people cheers
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.21 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 23 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services