Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 Hey guys New member
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Purextc
Learner

animal-monkey

6 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  9:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Purextc's MSN Messenger address Send Purextc a Private Message

Hey Guys,

I my names nathan i live in adealide and have ownd a VN commy for about two years now, just recently i have been getting alot more interested in Power cruise and gazza nats and what not..

So i have decided to use my every day driver as my project car since i drive it a fair bit it will take some time to organize things :)

I can do most things myself like brakes - wheels - painting and sanding the car and what not.. electrical is not one of my strong points though but hey i will give it a go anyway.

My goal is to have a VN commodore that looks tough and not over done, i plan to accomplish this buy presenting a smashing paint job (colour unknown at this time) and sleek design.

In Adelaid they have alos just changed the laws on how big you can have your rims... now i can apparently legally have 19inch rims under my arches witch makes me happy compared to the 17inchs i was allowed to have some time ago, i want to set those wheels off with some Big DBA slotted Rotors been looking at the 4000 Series at the moment with look great and apparently are great for performance.

Motor wise i am unsure about the cost difference of the Supercharged V6 Buick motor - or 5.0L motor.. as always you go and find out information and the people that do conversions and what not say the same thing.. you might as well get something newer...

And my answer is always i dont want something newer ^_^, a tough built car will beat a brand new looking car if you do most of the work yourself :).

Gearbox i was wanting to go Manual but hear Automatic is better for drag strip.. i want to do both off street drags and circuit... I still prefer the Manual, i have never driven a VN with a manual 5-speed only little four bangers.
http://img827.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=myvn1.gif

There is more to life then one monkey!

Edited by - Purextc on 01 Aug 2010 9:21:32 PM
Report to Moderator

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  10:37:28 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Supercharging a VN V6 has three versions: The factory Ecotec from the VS/VT, the manifold overhead version a la the GM 6/71 on old fashioned V8 hotrods, and a side mounted aftermarket version. A supercharged Ecotec runs 161kW at 5000rpm stock. COME Racing make a 200kW Ecotec V6. The factory supercharger can be fiddled with, to add even more power.

A factory injected 5 litre puts out 165kW before you add anything. A free flow exhaust may add up to 20kW alone. Then there's mod chips, supercharger kits, upgraded injectors, porting and cams. It all depends on exactly how much money you have to play with.

A manual V6 Commodore may be slightly quicker than an auto if you're good at shifting gears. Their Achilles' heel is usually clutches. However, you could fit a Borg Warner T5, and fiddle with diff ratios as well.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Welcome to the family buddy!! Sounds like your about to start on a long expensive journey :D Should be fun anyways!! You will have to keep us updated on build progress!!

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.23 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 26 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services