Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Technical Modifications
 is there a download like winaldi for vn on lpg ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  12:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

i have laptop and winaldi downloaded on it i dont have winaldicable. but i could make one . is there a software for vn v6 5speed lpg for tuning the lpg computer. when i got the lpg installed on my vn the lpg installer had a little computer that he plugged into the lpg computer to tune my vn v6 5speed. can i set my laptop up to tune my lpg gas on vn the same way like winaldi? help please thanks

i am not a licenced mechanic but i do have years off experience fixing and restoring cars and doing them up ,i can even do-motors-up,panel betting,spray painting,electrical work. i know What i am doing when fixing my cars, i am not saying i know everything on how to fix cars but i can fix them with information and help off the internet and this site.vncommador.com

Edited by - andrewpapa on 25 May 2010 12:21:33 AM
Report to Moderator

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  8:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

how do i make winaldi cable for vn v6 s1 5speed,need help -info and photos on how to make winaldl cable? and is there a cable for lpg so i can tune the lpg ? and when i reset the ecm should i do do it on lpg ,i drive car on lpg alloff the time .

i am not a licenced mechanic but i do have years off experience fixing and restoring cars and doing them up ,i can even do-motors-up,panel betting,spray painting,electrical work. i know What i am doing when fixing my cars, i am not saying i know everything on how to fix cars but i can fix them with information and help off the internet and this site.vncommador.com
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  8:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

info i have fund on the internet-http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-tos/5723-how-make-diagnostic-cable-your-vn-vp-commodore.html

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  9:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-tos/5723-how-make-diagnostic-cable-your-vn-vp-commodore.html

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Jun 2010 :  5:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

Make the cable which will be good for diagnostic purposes only then buy yourself an eeprom burner, some blank eeproms and download both the stock vn v6 petrol tune & 'engine simulator' software to test out your modified tune but that takes a bit of mucking around even to get the specs for the virtual motor just right in the simulator let along changing the standard tune.

basically what im saying is you cannot make any (permanant anyway..) changes to the standard memcal tune through the stock ecu. You will either need the materials listed above to create modified settings, spark and fuel maps based on the stock vn v6 tune running efficiently and reliably on the engine sim then burn the tune onto a blank eeprom which then gets soldered onto a delco memcal. You then put the memcal in the commodores delco ecu and improve from there... Now an easier route would be to buy a haltech or wolf3d ecu/piggyback ecu which you download a base modified tune off their website then change it to suit your mods and needs via laptop either on road conditions or on a dyno.

What mods have you got/planned for your car?? a relatively stock setup wouldn't be worth spending the cash on the haltech/wolf3d or the relitevely cheap but time consuming of making and burning tune after tune with the risk of prematurely wearing out your motor from defects in the tune.. An off the shelf memcal from powerchip.com.au , chiptorque.com.au or a RELIABLE source off ebay would be your easiest and best bet for an increase in power & economy without spending alot of money.

Cheers,
Nodg.

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Jun 2010 :  9:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

thanks nodg, my 1989 vn v6 s1 5 speed manual,mods are all from this site i have done to my vn are cai ,tb open 100% ,tachometer , installed lpg gas 3 years ago ,exhaust no rear muffler just a straight thru pip-catalytic converter is a big hot-dog now no internals in catalytic converter this mod and a reset the ecu made a big improvement in power all mods are from this site .i would like to be able to tune the lpg ,i have idale mixture and mixture screw on lpg converter and a separate computer for lpg with a plug that the lpg installer plugged in to to tune lpg gas and when i reset the ecu should i do do it on lpg?

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  1:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

So you definately are running two ecu's? What brand is the piggyback that the lpg installer put in? Basically you want to go a larger gapped plug with thicker leads and advance the spark timing to suit which will be hit and miss but dont rush the tune take it little bit by little bit. The most important part of a successful lpg install for performance is the converter mixture as an incorrectly tuned converter will cause backfires through the throttle body which literally blows up your airbox lol.

Cheers,
Nodg.

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  7:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

the lpg ecu is tek screwed to the firewall and it is in a waterproof plastic case,i have to take it off the firewall to have a look i think there is a label with protruding plastic writing on the back off it but i have to take it off to see the writing on the back ,its just one tek screw and it will come off.when i get time tomorrow i will take a look . three is a plug there that the lpg installer plugged into with a little pc-tool to tune lpg i have mixture screw and idle screw on lpg convertor to tune lpg.

Edited by - andrewpapa on 06 Jun 2010 7:33:38 PM

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  8:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

the lpg ecu has no label i need to take waterproof plastic cover off to have a look but i do not wont to f**k the lpg ecu, the plug has 4 wires are black-brown-red blue. i have taken photos- http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20480&id=100000514457334&saved sorry for bad quality photos-cheapo camera

Edited by - andrewpapa on 07 Jun 2010 8:39:31 PM

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  9:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

http://www.aeb.it/products/feedback-systems/215

mag
P Plater

15 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  7:00:37 PM  Show Profile Send mag a Private Message

andrewpapa, might I suggest you have a look at http://www.delcohacking.net/ they have all the stuff to turn your standard GMH ecu into a realtime tuning unit. You will need to do mods to the ECU & do one time EPRM burn to load custom program but after that the skys the limit.

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

thank you MAG that is a good site with lots off info thanks

mag
P Plater

15 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Jul 2010 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile Send mag a Private Message

No problem andrewpapa, it's where I started & all the guys are keen to help.

andrewpapa
Fully Licenced

sports-bmx-biker

122 Posts

Male

Posted - 15 Jul 2010 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit andrewpapa's Homepage Send andrewpapa a Private Message

i would like to know how to tune vn v6 lpg convertor mixturs ,can i use winaldi to help me tune lpg , wialdi will tell me if it is rish or leen mixturs ? i have nely all the parts for winaldi cable but i need one more 10k resistor to make cable.

Edited by - andrewpapa on 15 Jul 2010 4:29:12 PM

rome_rod
Learner

smiley-punched

7 Posts

Male

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile Send rome_rod a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by andrewpapa

thanks nodg, my 1989 vn v6 s1 5 speed manual,mods are all from this site i have done to my vn are cai ,tb open 100% ,tachometer , installed lpg gas 3 years ago ,exhaust no rear muffler just a straight thru pip-catalytic converter is a big hot-dog now no internals in catalytic converter this mod and a reset the ecu made a big improvement in power all mods are from this site .i would like to be able to tune the lpg ,i have idale mixture and mixture screw on lpg converter and a separate computer for lpg with a plug that the lpg installer plugged in to to tune lpg gas and when i reset the ecu should i do do it on lpg?

quote:
Originally posted by mag

andrewpapa, might I suggest you have a look at http://www.delcohacking.net/ they have all the stuff to turn your standard GMH ecu into a realtime tuning unit. You will need to do mods to the ECU & do one time EPRM burn to load custom program but after that the skys the limit.

I appreciate you guys discussing this here. There is so much that I have yet to learn and it is great that you guys can supply information. Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.28 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 35 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services