Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 another newby
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  12:43:52 PM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

I own a VQ statesman(fancy vn) converted it to a ser1 v6 vn was v8 with 194000 on the clock got a vn wagon ser2 as a skid car with 210000 on the clock and me n my mate are converting a vk wagon to a vn v6 the motor is a ser 1 top end and ser 2 bottom end with 80000 on the clock this site looks awesome so i joined

wheres theres smoke theres rubber
Report to Moderator

VNSVLE
Forum Moderator

smiley-blunder

1316 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  4:09:15 PM  Show Profile Send VNSVLE a Private Message

Welcome to the family buddy!!
Can I ask why you changed out a V8 for a V6??

What's the difference between understeer and oversteer?
Understeer is when the driver is scared.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared.
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

hsv_babe
Fully Licenced

cart046

269 Posts

Female

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  6:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit hsv_babe's Homepage  Click to see hsv_babe's MSN Messenger address Send hsv_babe a Private Message

Yes I was wondering the same thing!! Welcome to the site hope we can help you with anything you're heart desires lol

I'd gladly push my holden than drive a bloody ford!

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  11:19:47 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

Definitely isn't impossible to fit a VN V6 to a VK; When Holden were first field testing the V6, they fitted it to some VL mules, so as not to attract any attention from the media.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

There's a place called Gardner Engineering that can supply off the shelf wiring kits for the V6. I can't remember the phone number or website, but it's a lot easier and cheaper than hiring an auro sparky to do the conversion for you

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  9:39:26 PM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by VNSVLE

Welcome to the family buddy!!
Can I ask why you changed out a V8 for a V6??

cheers mate. I changed it to a v6 so i could drive it on my red ps ill probley stroke the 304 to a 355

Edited by - SKDWGN on 25 May 2010 9:40:49 PM

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  9:43:26 PM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by Mechknight73

There's a place called Gardner Engineering that can supply off the shelf wiring kits for the V6. I can't remember the phone number or website, but it's a lot easier and cheaper than hiring an auro sparky to do the conversion for you

thanks mate but got the v6 in its ready to start just trying to get the fuel pump to work the wireing loom had all lpg set up though it so yeah otherwise it will fire up.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  11:29:12 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

If all else fails, run a power lead from the ignition loom, with a relay if necessary. Makes for a useful kill switch as well

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  11:47:14 AM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by Mechknight73

If all else fails, run a power lead from the ignition loom, with a relay if necessary. Makes for a useful kill switch as well

good idear mate might do that cheers

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

One of the most interesting "immobilisers" I've ever heard of was on a '77 Ford LTD. 351 under the bonnet, C4 auto, but looks rough as guts. When you turn on the ignition on this one, you have to press a button under the dash, or power will divert from the coil straight to a "hot wire" under the seat. He was living in Mullewa at the time, a place in remote WA known for its "bored juvenile delinquents." They tried to steal it only once. He found it 20m down the road, with its door wide open. They never touched it again

Edited by - Mechknight73 on 26 May 2010 6:13:47 PM

SKDWGN
P Plater

80 Posts

Male

Posted - 27 May 2010 :  08:53:22 AM  Show Profile Send SKDWGN a Private Message

ahahaha thats gold i did what u said to do yesterday i think it was a pink wire i tapped into went to fire her up and the fuel pump **** it self i checked the fuses relay it was working fine untill we went to start it but yeah i think she is stuffed my mate who owns the car was spewing. lol

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.19 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 1872 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services