Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 Wiring an Amp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

Brum
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

65 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  6:30:24 PM  Show Profile Send Brum a Private Message

Where on a VN V6 Series 2 do i run the amp power cable from the battery through to the car? I cannot find the hole in the firewall where the electronics cables run from the battery!

Is it under the wiper fluid reservior? Cheers
Report to Moderator

lemusa
Fully Licenced

lemusa

193 Posts

Male

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  8:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit lemusa's Homepage Send lemusa a Private Message

easiest may be across the engine bay and through the passengers sidde where the ecu wires go

Just be thankful you got two legs to stand on and hands to grab sh*t with!
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

delcowizzid
P Plater

car-burningrubber

69 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  1:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see delcowizzid's MSN Messenger address Send delcowizzid a Private Message

ide avoid going through with the ecu wires the ecu wont like the wire going through there and the grommet is real hard too.most people go through the cltch cable grommet on the firewall by the brake booster

delco tuner and hacker

Brum
P Plater

symbols-anarchy

65 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  3:56:17 PM  Show Profile Send Brum a Private Message

Yes i agree ecy wires isnt the way to go. Its better to stay on the side of the battery anyway!

@Delcowizzid - any chance of a picture of the clutch cable grommet hole? Will i need to remove the washer fluid bottle? Cheers bud!

M3ZZA
P Plater

car-jumping

77 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  9:01:38 PM  Show Profile Send M3ZZA a Private Message

Power cable is best to be run on the drivers side through a grommet remember to silicon it back up to avoid any water or air leaks getting in since its under the dash where all your wires up.

Note: It is best to undo the fuse on the power cable or not connect the power cable until its time to check the ground cable with the power cable when its all in the boot off your car.

Rca's cables: are best run from the centre off the dash under the glove box and then down the left kick panel along the left hand side off the car right through to the back off the car under the back seat and then into the boot. (make sure red and white are plugged into the head unit right with matching colour's and then the same on the amp)

Note: RCA cables should never be around the battery cable they should all ways be on the opposite side off the car. Also avoid putting RCA's on bare metal try to keep it in between the insulation or on the insulation other wise you can hear the static through the RCA's after all there the signal wires from the head unit to the amp. (past experience with installing these on bare metal)

Remote wire: you can run this with the RCA's they usually come with the RCA wires as a one piece.

Ground cable: find a safe place to make a hole with a self tapping screw or find a bolt or screw some where in your boot and then unscrew that screw/bolt and sand the paint off until bare metal and then get your ground cable and its eye bolt and stick it where you sanded and then screw the bolt/screw over the eye bolt until its tight.

WARNING: Test your ground cable to your power cable with a test light prior to connecting the amp. Also make sure the fuse at the front off the engine bay for your power cable is not connected when attaching your ground/power and remote cables to your amp. (i have blown a amp fuse in the past by shorting it out when connecting the power cable and the phillips head screw driver touched the body off the amp causing a short. Lucky it had a fuse.

Hope this helps and just a little warning if you listen to these instructions its at your own risk it is the way i do my sound systems which i have done for me and my mates countless times so if you follow it right you wont have a issue.

Modifying a car is like a drug once you start you cannot stop.

Mechknight73
National Driver

robot-robot14

1001 Posts

Male

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  11:11:10 PM  Show Profile Send Mechknight73 a Private Message

The clutch cable grommet hole is halfway between the brake booster and the engine itself, as you face the front. It would be a largish rubber grommet, which when removed gives you a ready-made 10mm hole. I used this grommet hole for the aerial and power leads for my UHF two way radio. You have to remember that anything that's sensitive to electromagnetic fields i.e. electronics will have a problem with any heavy duty power leads near it. On a radio tuner, it may show up as a buzzing noise. In an engine computer, it may show up as "unexplained" engine trouble.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.16 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 4342 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services