Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
    Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 Car Audio
 should i get another 1??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums  

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

i have just gotten myself a 12 inch alpine type S sub...

i dnt kno anyone who has had one b4 so im unsure on the qaulity and bass of this sub....

should i look at getting a 2nd 1????
Report to Moderator

bevani
P Plater

smiley-blunder

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  11:45:53 PM  Show Profile Send bevani a Private Message

they work quite well on their own and work well in a ported or sealed box
Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  12:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

youll be very pleased with it, my mate has 2 of them in his vr and the bass is incredible

Cheers,
Nodg.

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  6:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

so one should b enough... lol thats lucky, coz their not 2 cheap...

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  7:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

its like a cars power, you may like the power for a while but your just going to want more and more!

Cheers,
Nodg.

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  7:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

lol yeah so i have been told.... 1 should do 4 a while.... i just hope my boot dnt rattle 2 much..

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  7:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

it will its a VN- Very Noisy.....

Cheers,
Nodg.

aussiefastbowler
Fully Licenced

armedforces-navyseal

404 Posts

Male

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  11:26:35 PM  Show Profile Send aussiefastbowler a Private Message

lol nice one nodg.
at the moment, im saving up for the type x sub, that thing has power!
1000w rms 3000w peak.....and it sounds sooo damn clear and well cut its unbelievable!

To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

bevani
P Plater

smiley-blunder

78 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  9:15:35 PM  Show Profile Send bevani a Private Message

liquid nails fixes everything!!

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  10:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

my mates speaker fell out of the door of his corolla hatch so he used liquid nails to glue it back in, i was laughing for hours

Cheers,
Nodg.

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

LMAO!!!!

i kno where alot of the rattle is gunna come from... the license plate and other small things are gunna rattle badly... but ill get em sorted out as time goes on...

nodg
National Driver

1667 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  5:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see nodg's MSN Messenger address Send nodg a Private Message

im not joking, it fell off (and this fellow is mechanically minded but lazy) he could of easily screwed it back in properly but instead he got a big goop of liquid nails and shoved it back onto the trim, it never came off again after that!

Cheers,
Nodg.

OZI-HOLDEN
P Plater

smiley-grimmace

53 Posts

Male

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  9:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see OZI-HOLDEN's MSN Messenger address Send OZI-HOLDEN a Private Message

hahaha yeah its good stuff.... like blue tack or sticky tape... fixes everything lol

Aelowyn
Starting in the driveway

smiley-blunder

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  11:09:28 PM  Show Profile Send Aelowyn a Private Message

the Alpine Type-S series Subwoofers are great for their size, though for a car the size of a VN you might want to get something a little more demanding if you want to really feel it!

I'd suggest looking into Kicker CVR's, and L7 or maybe duel JL 12W1's (they are crystal clear).

I dunno .. I work in car audio so i get to play around with this **** a lot :D but your S-type will be plenty for the time being man ;-)

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  08:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Nice- where do you work?

I wouldn't mind getting either some JL or Audiobahn 12s. Roughly how much are the JLs?

Aelowyn
Starting in the driveway

smiley-blunder

4 Posts

Male

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  11:33:44 PM  Show Profile Send Aelowyn a Private Message

I work in Canberra at one of the only remaining JB car audios ^-^ They're slowly eradicating us from their stores as the company becomes ****ter (no offence to anyone else who works at JB .. haha)

Anyway, JL and Kicker are exclusive to us, so if you rock up into a store, check the prices, get back to me and i'll tell you how much you should be asking (at the end of the day the salesman will be like "money is money... SOLD!" so yeah.

I personally suggest the W3's if you're really into it ... they're ****ing intense

MILD50
Fully Licenced

armedforces-tankdriver

850 Posts

Male

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  2:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit MILD50's Homepage Send MILD50 a Private Message

Wow- I didn't know JL was exclusive to JB?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.25 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 33 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services