Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 New Member Welcome Lobby
 An old man returns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mouce Posted - 22 Jan 2022 : 4:17:28 PM
I know this forum is almost dead, and it's only on a whim I came to check it out.

For those of you who remember my username, I'm sorry I left so abruptly, life threw me some curve-balls. For those of you who don't know me, I'm sure you've read some of the posts/answers that I put up here.

Sadly my time as a VN owner came to an end back in 2015, there were some MAJOR issues with the beast that I had built and I was gifted another car, one much more fitting to my time in life (than the 296kph VN that I had built) on the condition that I sold the VN. It sat in my driveway for a long time, until a friend of mine took it off my hands.

Technically he wanted the 5sp gearbox to put in a WB, so I sold him the gearbox for $300...on the provision that he took the whole car. The WB is still on the road, with my worked S1 VN V6 motor and gearbox in it. So that is something to be happy about.

In the time since I last posted on the forum, I got married, became a father, built a house, travelled around Australia, sold a house, moved interstate, bought a house and changed careers, twice.

All that said, I still miss my old VN (who doesn't want a car that'll spin the wheels in 3rd, and spit fire on downshifts?), I've kept a lot of the "rare" pieces I acquired (eg. the full set of GM workshop manuals) while I owned it. I see less and less on the roads, and would dearly love one as a project car to build up to the monster that I had.

Stay safe out there, look after the VNs that you still have, even the old poverty-pack ones (like mine, complete with the brown interior) can be made into mean street machines with a bit of time, effort and knowledge.

To the old hands that helped me with mine, when I was new to VN ownership, thank you. It was a wonderful community to be accepted into, and it was a great culture to be part of.

Never know, I might check in on the forum every now and then, just in case someone wants to ask an obscure question.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sepul Posted - 11 Dec 2023 : 01:39:59 AM
Hi mouce,

Thanks for sharing your story. Like you, life has changed a lot since I owned my VN (sold in 2009). I've undergone many of the things you listed, but the biggest impact on my interest in VNs is that I've been living OS since I sold it in 2009. Just hearing the sound of that smooth and throaty engine would be a real treat to me now.

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.1 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 344 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services