Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 VN MAY 1990-BUILD V6 WON'T START

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
agus35monk Posted - 25 Dec 2013 : 05:55:53 AM
This vehicle has been owned by me since 1994. I bought it in a damaged state from a frontal impact with roo-bar fitted and repaired the body myself. The damaged was limited to crush up to the suspension towers.

Interestingly, I found all the bodies I measured at a motor dealers for references all matched to the exact millimetre, not bad for build quality.

The engine has a recurrent history of failure to start after being turned off. There were signs of a previous occurance as the plastic cover on the harness into the DFI module was missing, sealastic on the plug and bolts had been disturbed.

The fuel system is good. The pump works up to pressure and stops as it should.

The mechanics have gone after ghosts it seems as DFI modules and coil-packs have been replaced several times over.

They never relay coughed to what miracle they had wrought - either a trade secret they don't want to give away or just serendipity maybe got it out the door for them.

I have since dug the DFI and coil packs out of the shed and metered them and they test okay. I also swapped them over temporarily when the car was serviceable after the mechanics had "fixed" it and it worked fine on them.

The wiring from computer to DFI module and crank sensor to DFI module tests fine for continuity. I did discover a broken earth to the bolt just below the radiator hose. I replaced it and made sure the other earth was cleaned for good measure.

The crank sensor this time round had been getting faulty when hot. A mouthful of water would set it right again. When the car would not start at all, I thought the sensor had finally succumbed but replacing it did not yield any signal in LED lamp tests.

The new crank sensor is after-market, labelled as Series 1 which this system is.

After the last mechanic's "fix", I observed the speedometer would drop to zero then jump back in a cycle of about two seconds just after 95kmh was indicated. This seems to me like another earth fault somewhere and a cross-feed of power back into the speed sensor.

Relays test fine. The relay joints have been cleaned and test fine.

All fuses have been metered and are fine. Fuse joints have been cleaned and test and are fine.

I have about run out of ideas and have obviously missed something.

The Gregory's manual is not exactly a paragon of clarity and a wiring diagram it refers to is simply not in the book. The Haynes manual is even worse. The wiring details in the end I found on the web.

If anyone has any clues, advice would be greatly appreciated as this thing is eluding me when I should have been onto it by now.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jas89 Posted - 13 Jan 2014 : 01:21:03 AM
i had a problem with speedo and it was the speedo sensor. would drop to 0 while doing 60kph or more then engin would hesitate then come good and speedo was fine
Cartrite Posted - 28 Dec 2013 : 10:49:34 PM
The first thing is to determine if its fuel or electrics,then work thru each component,there are no shortcuts,you just have to start with the main items and work your way thru.If its getting fuel & spark then look at the CAS again and adjustment if its S-1,then cam/timing chain and if the main computer is OK,spares kept on shelves for years often don't work so this can complicate things. Good Luck.

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.08 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 23935 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services