Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2024
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 Fuel Rail O-rings - HELP!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
47Woody Posted - 19 Mar 2012 : 2:48:00 PM
Hi Guys,

got a VN 5.0L and it was leaking fuel out from where the crossover pipe connects to the fuel rail. Pulled it apart and there is a brown O ring about the size of a 10 cent piece that is buggered.

Tried Repco and all the rest, said go to Holden, black O rings won't do the same job. Went to Holden and they said don't carry them anymore.

Any ideas on an equivalent? Heard on the grapevine that they were the same up to VT, and Holden sell a kit with all the O Rings for the injectors and rail for $20 (can be ordered in), but would like a second opinion if they are the same size.

Other than that, a local bearing mob will send away my old ones and get them made to suit. Crazy situation for a simple O Ring.

I am hoping that the V8 boys have come across this situation plenty of times and know how to get me rolling again
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
m1kes Posted - 16 Aug 2013 : 5:56:04 PM
try two o-rings from an o ring kit thats what i did with my V6 fuel rail it all good. only other suggestion is go wreckers grab a couple from a dead VN.
Mechknight73 Posted - 21 Mar 2012 : 12:54:32 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the injectors on the Holden V8 were a part that changed little, if any from 1990-2000. If the VT kit is a series 1, then you could be in luck. The Series 2 had the 5.7L Gen III Chev V8, and is a completely different animal. If possible, ask to see the genuine injector kit and compare notes.
47Woody Posted - 21 Mar 2012 : 08:01:26 AM
The Holden genuine spares do sell a kit of fuel rail and injection O rings to suit the VT, but can't be sure if they will fit. Still hoping someone might know as I would prefer genuine, and only $20 for kit.

Tried CBC. They didn't have them, but given the sample, they can get someone to make them for $3 each. Didn't hesitate, need the car running. I ordered 4, so if anyone has this problem again, I have spares.

They told me they are a special high temp, fuel resistant O ring, which is why you can't use the normal black ones.
Mechknight73 Posted - 20 Mar 2012 : 5:36:24 PM
Anywhere that does hydraulics a lot, tell them what it's for, and bring them a measurable example, and I'd be very surprised if they can't help you. I used to work for a large hydraulics workshop, and we had a regular supplier. So long as you can tell them things like dimensions and environment (i.e. is it high temperature, does it operate near chemicals, and what kind) they could either make something one off for our needs, or have it lying around somewhere. You didn't say where from in Queensland, but remember there's a lot of mining going on in your state, therefore a lot of industrial suppliers to back them up. Enzed, Pirtek, Hydrualink and Repco Industrial divisions would be the first places I'd start looking
VNGRPA Posted - 19 Mar 2012 : 4:46:28 PM
last time i replaced mine i went to a shop called ENZED they have everything from fuel lines, fittings, gaskets, o rings ect and there prices are good give them a try mate

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.08 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 5954 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2024 by: Greening Computer Services