Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 VN Talk
 Thermostat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phlipside Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 12:13:04 AM
This is something I've noticed since I got the car about 2 years ago but wasn't too worried.
I just have to drive around to get the temp back down but when I'm sitting idling for a while the temperature gets very high and it seems to have to get to about 3/4 to the top of the gauge before the fan starts up. I only did this once as a test to see if the fan worked at all and went for a drive straight away to cool it down again.
Makes me hesitant to take it very far though, just in case.
Should I put a new thermostat in it or be looking at the electrical system to get the fan cutting in earlier?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cartrite Posted - 10 Aug 2013 : 10:16:08 AM
Running with heater on for a few minutes every couple of weeks seems to be forgotten these days,stops all the sludge and crap buiding up in the heater core.
m1kes Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 5:32:45 PM
Flush your radiator, check your thermostat and replace if need be. VNs always run hot it is a design fault. Change the electric so your fan runs all the time. you can do this by re-routing your relay so it starts up when u turn on the ignition and doesnt cut out. Terminal 30 on your eng fan relay should be orange and pink route it to fuse #23. 87 terminal orange and blue to eng fan positive. 85 terminal should lead to C1 of the ECM, try earthing this to the body instead. 86 terminal should be pink and white. it routes to fuse #8 blower switch which closes when ignition is turned on. NB: you should have 100% coolant in your cooling system.
Mechknight73 Posted - 14 Jan 2013 : 7:41:40 PM
Also, what condition is your coolant in? If it looks like anything other than a healthy green (or red, depending on which brand you're using) make sure your radiator isn't choked up as well. One of the functions of coolant is to inhibit corrosion. If it's not changed every 12-18 months, it "goes off" and no longer inhibits corrosion. Rust particles clog the cores of the radiator and it will snowball from there. No harm in checking the rest of the system while you change the thermostat.
VNSVLE Posted - 14 Jan 2013 : 1:44:09 PM
That sounds about right mine always did the same. If you are worried about when the fan kicks in turn the a/c on and the fan will kick in and keep the temps lower.
Cheers

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.11 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 27 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services