Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!
www.VNCommodore.com Support Site - Forums Page © 2005 - 2023
      Forums Page 

Main Menu

Start Page  
Forums  
Register  
Recipe Book  
Active Topics  
Active Polls  
Forum Search  
Online Auctions  
Online Classifieds  
FAQ  
Greeting Cards  
Guestbook  
Disclaimer  
Contact Us  
Links  
Username:

Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums
 All Forums
 General Area
 General Chatter Area
 HO Scale VN

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Strikethrough Align Left Centered Align Right Horizontal Rule Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert YouTube

Smilies
Angry [:(!] Approve [^] Big Smile [:D] Black Eye [B)]
Blush [:I] Clown [:o)] Cool [8D] Dead [xx(]
Disapprove [V] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)] Kisses [:X]
Question [?] Sad [:(] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sleepy [|)] Smile [:)] Tongue [:P] Wink [;)]

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mechknight73 Posted - 12 Apr 2012 : 10:29:25 PM
For those of you unfamiliar, HO Scale is 1/87 of actual size, the commonest scale used in model railway layouts. The following is a link to an Aussie manufacturer. Ok, his models aren't up to Biante standards, but one of those he makes are the VN Commodore sedan and ute. At my request, he says he'll have a wagon version by June. These are small enough for a fun keyring, and if you asked him politely, he may even paint it in a colour of your choice.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/weicomodelsw/Cars3.htm
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mechknight73 Posted - 29 Apr 2013 : 7:10:31 PM
It's very hard to get one with more detail this size, as most of the manufacturers are too lazy to diversify. You can however specify the colour, and there's also a ute version available. I requested a VN sedan in white, with black bumpers so it looks like a VN Executive, so I would make a cop car out of it. There's some chance you might find one in 1:60 scale (about the same size as a Hot Wheels car) but unsure as to who would make them.
gary0006 Posted - 28 Mar 2013 : 5:40:59 PM
These models look great, I would like one with more detail though.

quote:
Originally posted by Mechknight73

For those of you unfamiliar, HO Scale is 1/87 of actual size, the commonest scale used in model railway layouts. The following is a link to an Aussie manufacturer. Ok, his models aren't up to Biante standards, but one of those he makes are the VN Commodore and ute. At my request, he says he'll have a wagon version by June. These are small enough for a fun keyring, and if you asked him politely, he may even paint it in a colour of your choice.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/weicomodelsw/Cars3.htmhttp://www.discountpartcenter.comhttp://www.dpccars.com

Mechknight73 Posted - 23 Feb 2013 : 01:05:22 AM
There's another manufacturer that makes Australian cars in HO scale, and they're branded Road Ragers. Unfortunately their range is limited. The only Holdens they have are an FX, an EK, an FC and an EH model Holden. As the Weico models are built in essentially backyard facilities, he's limited when it comes to production quality. Getting anything Australian in HO scale is very hard, but this one suits my purposes. I've nearly finished a VN Commodore police car, as per West Australian country police spec. All that remains is to print the decals for the chequer strips and signwriting
tako100 Posted - 21 Feb 2013 : 01:53:09 AM
Hello dude..I buy this model scale last 6 months ago but i am not too much satisfy for this Ho scale because its tires and painting scale is not good looking some mistake in it..But much much reliable.
Mechknight73 Posted - 13 Apr 2012 : 11:01:44 AM
I bought 8 of them altogether. A Commodore sedan and ute, a towtruck, a one tonner, an HQ ute, sedan and Monaro, and an HR. Once I have the space, I now have a near-complete street in the layout, and these will help to fill it out properly
VNGRPA Posted - 12 Apr 2012 : 11:28:36 PM
that's cool mate i might have to get myself some thanks for sharing that

www.VNCommodore.com Support Forums © 2005 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page  
This page shown in 0.11 seconds.   Snitz Forums 2000
Do not Click Here

Currently 231 user(s) online

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by: Greening Computer Services